What's new

Klipschorn Corner Horn Speaker Price Questions (1 Viewer)

Al Fischer

Stunt Coordinator
My father in-law left behind a pair of Klipschorn Corner Speaker System.
I need the space in our garage to make way for a baby coming soon, so I need to sell them.
How can I find what a fair asking price would be? Any ideas of what these go for?
They are: Type K-351-LR Style E. Serial number 1337. These guys are about 4' tall.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in Advance.
Al

James Edward

Supporting Actor
Tubes Tubes Tubes. Try and find some tube fanatic websites or magazines(Glass Audio is one).

Klipschorns and Altec Lansing horn loaded speakers are prized by tube amp owners because of their very high efficiency. I know there are some current high efficiency models out there, but a small minority of people swear by those older 50's and 60's designs- almost cult-like. It might be worth seeking them out.

I know there is at least one person here in NY that deals in just that type of equipment. E-mail me if you want the #- I'll try and find it. He might be able to give you an idea.

DanaA

Screenwriter
I've seen pairs of Klipschhorns go from anywhere from $1200 to over $3000 on Ebay depending on their condition and other factors including finish and whether they were signed by Klipsch himself. Some consider these among the finest speakers ever made and many pair them up with various tube preamp/amp set ups. But, they are huge and only work optimally if they are placed in corners.

What I'd do is post in the two channel section of the Klipsch forums at Klipsch.com. They'll tell you all there is to know and you have a good chance of selling them there besides.

Click here to go to Klipsch.com

Michael R Price

Screenwriter
Al,

Those might be some of the best speakers ever made, especially if you're willing to fix them up a bit. Do you have to sell them? (Oops... what Dana said!)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks