Klipsch speakers & subs?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by DavidVTHokie, Apr 29, 2002.

1. DavidVTHokie

DavidVTHokie Stunt Coordinator

I know there are some klipsch lovers out there. My HT consists of the RF-3/RC-3 with the 12" sub (ksw-12?) and I used klipsch's smaller sf-1's as my rear surrounds. I like having floorstanding speakers in the rear because nothing is mounted to my walls.

One thing I noticed is that several forum users have the same setup as me, but often go with another brand sub. Why is that?

I'll have to admit that I paid little/no attention to picking out the sub for my system. I loved the bright sound of the horns in the center/mains and just added the sub to round out the frequency palette. I really didn't audition it, so I suppose I got what I put into it.

2. ToddJoseph

ToddJoseph Stunt Coordinator

Because the Klipsch subs, KSW's are boomy. I have the Reference series all around with a SVS 20-39PC. Best subs on the MKT bar none

3. StanT

StanT Auditioning

I have the Klipsch Synergy series speakers for center, mains, and surrounds and love them dearly. To my ears they are great for music and movies.

For a sub I use a SVS 25-31. Based on what I read here, I knew I had to have a SVS, so I ordered it before I bought the speakers, and have never regreted it. I never auditioned any subs, but can't imagine a better one. It rounds out the Klipsch very well.

4. matthew_rm

matthew_rm Second Unit

I have RF3's as well. THEY ROCK in more ways then one. Yes, Klipsch synergy subs are boomy. I wish I could here an SVS!! Mabey you could look at Klipsch refrence subs? [​IMG]

5. Brian Womble

Brian Womble Extra

A fellow HOKIE lover on the boards?!! GO HOKIES!!!

6. Cam S

Cam S Screenwriter

I'm a Horny [​IMG]
    I love my Reference Klipsch's.