What's new

Klipsch Bookshelf preferences... (1 Viewer)

ColinM

Senior HTF Member
Hi all. Just some questions to get the feeling of what I am about to do.
I have a small HT based on the HK AVR110, 40x5. Obviously not a lot of horsepower, but good power nontheless...I believe.

Anyway, I have NHT Ones and Zeros, 86db efficient. I know I stress the amp and the speakers on occasion, and I would rather get higher efficency speakers than revamp the receiver.

I like the KG 2.5's I see for sale so often and are my first choice, or maybe the SB-2 or the KSB 2.1. I'd rather keep the original investment rolling over to new equipment, as I spend most of my money on LD's and other software right now. So the NHT's are going to be Klipsches soon, unless someone can tell me why this would be a mistake.

I like the "live" sound I've gotten used to while being a stagehand at the local theaters. Bright, sharp, with a real attack on the edge, but just soft enough not to kill me if I watch 2 movies in a night.

Really I'm just going for a 5-6 db increase in eff. to make the amp run better.

The 3 models I mentioned - KG2.5, KSB2.1 and the SB-2, all have different charachteristics. Which one is the favorite? (I like the looks of the 2.5). I've never listened to any, which is a sin and I know I should do THAT and just make up my mind, but I'd like to hear what you folks have to say.

Thanks for reading my rambles.....

Jason_Me

Stunt Coordinator
I have Klipsch RB5.II's as my mains. I'm powering them with an H/K AVR-8000. my speakers sound natural, smooth, and detailed on the highs. they're great speakers. I'm not sure how the Synergy series sound in comparison, since I didnt bother to listen to them. Link Removed has great prices on Klipsch speakers, you could probably afford the RB3.II

ColinM

Senior HTF Member
Jason -

Thanks for relating on the HK + Klipsch combo. Hopefully the results are the same for the models I can afford.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks