What's new
World Wide Stereo

KLH ASW8-120B back panel connections? (1 Viewer)

casjr

Grip
Real Name
carl smith
I have connections on the back of my KLH powered subwoofer that I do not understand how to use. I

have RCA jacks marked "low level" input and out put and I also have terminals labled "high level out to speakers." (See photo attached.)

Can anyone tell me how these outputs can be used? Can L and R surround speakers be connected to either set of terminals? Thanks very much. I am somewhat of a HT novice, as you can probably tell.

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Robert_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
There are multiple inputs and outputs to allow many different types of configurations.

1. If your receiver has an LFE/Sub output, then you connect it to the low level input. Either the left or right will work just fine. No other connections are used. This is the most popular method of connecting a sub.

2. If your receiver does not have an LFE/Sub output, then you run the the speaker wires to the high level inputs. Then run more speaker wires from the high level outputs to the speakers. No other connections are made.

3. If you use a pre-amp with no LFE output, then you connect the right and left low level outputs to the low level inputs of the sub. Then connect the low level outputs to the amp the drives your main speakers. No other connections are made.

casjr

Grip
Real Name
carl smith
Thanks Robert! Just one follow-up question for clarification: In scenario #2 that you described, when you say, "Then run more speaker wires from the high level outputs to the speakers", are you referring to running wires from the hi level outputs on the back panel to L and R surround speakers ?

Robert_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Not the surround speakers but to the main speakers. There is very little information passing through the surrounds.

Scenario 1 is the preferred method of connections if your receiver supports it. Scenario 2 would be used on an older receiver that only had Dolby Pro Logic surround sound or an older stereo only receiver.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tim86
Recent bookmarks