What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Kino-Lorber Insider Announcement Thread (Read Guidelines Post #3) (15 Viewers)

Gerani53

Second Unit
Real Name
Gary Gerani
How did ME, NATALIE perform? My girlfriend and I wrote a book about the 1965 Patty Duke movie BILLIE, a tomboy coming-of-age pseudo musical with feminist flavoring featuring choreography and impressive on-screen dancing by Donna McKechnie of A CHORUS LINE fame. Offered by MGM, there's no Blu-ray on the title anywhere in the world, and the DVD releases are either pan-and-scan or inherently defective.

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

disctrip

Supporting Actor
Real Name
hank freitas
How did ME, NATALIE perform? My girlfriend and I wrote a book about the 1965 Patty Duke movie BILLIE, a tomboy coming-of-age pseudo musical with feminist flavoring featuring choreography and impressive on-screen dancing by Donna McKechnie of A CHORUS LINE fame. Offered by MGM, there's no Blu-ray on the title anywhere in the world, and the DVD releases are either pan-and-scan or inherently defective.
It needs a proper release.

Gerani53

Second Unit
Real Name
Gary Gerani
Our book requires a watchable letterboxed Blu-ray of this anamorphic title to serve as a companion video...

Attachments

• PDAB Cover A.jpg
    PDAB Cover A.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 122

Kino Lorber Insider

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Insider
Since KL has already released "Company Business" (1991), any chance of these other 2 Nicholas Meyer-penned classics(?):

Judge Dee And the Monastery Murders (1974)

The Seven Percent Solution (1976)

Happy holly(wood)days

The TV movie is with Disney and we don't have a new deal with them. The other one is released on Blu by Shout.

Kino Lorber Insider

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Insider

It did okay, I don't think we're interested in Billie.

Gerani53

Second Unit
Real Name
Gary Gerani
It did okay, I don't think we're interested in Billie.

Yeah I know... Frank looked it up for me; it's still available from MGM. Our book did reasonably well, and I thought the combo of Patty Duke's fan audience and the CHORUS LINE pedigree would have been enough to justify a Blu-ray release. A similar teen-themed movie released the same year by Universal, THE TRUTH ABOUT SPRING, with Hayley Mills and her dad John, also deserves a BD of its own. In any event, I'm pleased to hear that ME, NATALIE performed decently enough. The late Ms. Duke was wonderful to work with, and it was like talking to a member of the family when I interviewed her for the book.

Kino Lorber Insider

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Insider
Coming April 13th!

SPACEBALLS (1987)
4KUHD DISC 1:

• HDR Dolby Vision
• Audio Commentary by Mel Brooks
• 5.1 Surround & 2.0 Lossless Stereo
• Optional English Subtitles
BLU-RAY DISC 2:
• Audio Commentary by Mel Brooks
• FORCE YOURSELF! Spaceballs and the Skroobing of Sci-Fi with Mel Brooks and Rudy De Luca
• SPACEBALLS: The Documentary
• In Conversation with Mel Brooks and Co-Writer Thomas Meehan
• John Candy: Comic Spirit
• Film Flubs
• Watch SPACEBALLS in Ludicrous Speed
• Storyboards to Film Comparison
• Behind-the-Scenes Image Gallery
• Posters & Art Image Gallery
• Exhibitor Trailer with Mel Brooks Introduction
• Theatrical Teaser
• Theatrical Trailer
• Reversible Art
• 5.1 Surround & 2.0 Lossless Stereo
• Dual-Layered BD50 Disc
• Optional English Subtitles

Color 96 Minutes 1.85:1 Rated PG
From Mel Brooks, the legendary director of The Producers, Blazing Saddles, Young Frankenstein, Silent Movie and Life Stinks, comes this intergalactic spoof starring Brooks, John Candy (Once Upon a Crime), Rick Moranis (Little Shop of Horrors), Bill Pullman (Lost Highway), Daphne Zuniga (Modern Girls), Dick Van Patten (High Anxiety), George Wyner (Fletch), Michael Winslow (Police Academy) and comedy great Joan Rivers. The farce is with you in this uproarious salute to science fiction! When the evil Dark Helmet (Moranis) attempts to steal all the air from planet Druidia, a determined Druish princess (Zuniga), a clueless rogue (Pullman) and a half-man/half-dog creature who’s his own best friend (Candy) set out to stop him. But with the forces of darkness closing in on them at ludicrous speed, they’ll need the help of a wise imp named Yogurt (Brooks) and the mystical power of “The Schwartz” to bring peace and merchandising rights to the entire galaxy! The hilarious cast also includes John Hurt (Alien), Rudy De Luca (Transylvania 6-5000) and the voice of Dom DeLuise (The Cannonball Run) as Pizza the Hut.

SB.jpg

Kino Lorber Insider

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Insider
Coming to Blu-ray February 16th from Kino Lorber!

Bordertown Season 2
Directed by Jyri Kähönen and Juuso Syrjä
10 Episodes
3 discs

In Season 2 of the Finnish Nordic Noir hit Bordertown, chief investigator Kari Sorjonen of the Serious Crimes Unit deals with a variety of harrowing homicides on the border between Finland and Russia. Each of these murder cases takes the viewer on a journey into humanity’s dark underbelly, in which no one will be able to escape their past.

Special features:
*Optional English subtitles
*Trailers
*Limited edition O-Card

Bordertown_S2_BR.jpg

MarkA

Second Unit
Real Name
Mark Abel
Yeah I know... Frank looked it up for me; it's still available from MGM. Our book did reasonably well, and I thought the combo of Patty Duke's fan audience and the CHORUS LINE pedigree would have been enough to justify a Blu-ray release. A similar teen-themed movie released the same year by Universal, THE TRUTH ABOUT SPRING, with Hayley Mills and her dad John, also deserves a BD of its own. In any event, I'm pleased to hear that ME, NATALIE performed decently enough. The late Ms. Duke was wonderful to work with, and it was like talking to a member of the family when I interviewed her for the book.
I second the idea of a Blu-ray of THE TRUTH ABOUT SPRING!!

Kino Lorber Insider

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Insider
Coming to Blu-ray February 16th from Kino Classics and the BFI!

Man with a Movie Camera (1929)
Directed by Dziga Vertov

One of the most innovative and influential films of the silent era, Dziga Vertov’s Man With A Movie Camera utilizes rapid editing and innumerable other cinematic effects to create a work of amazing modernity and power. This dawn-to-dusk view of urban Soviet life shows people at work, at play, and at the machines that endlessly whirl to keep the metropolis alive. It was Vertov’s first full-length film, and it employs all the cinematic techniques at the director’s disposal—dissolves, split-screens, slow-motion, and freeze-frames—to produce a work that is as exhilarating as it is intellectually brilliant. Restored by the British Film Institute, this edition features an orchestral score composed and conducted by Michael Nyman (The Piano), first performed on May 17, 2002 at London’s Royal Festival Hall.

Special features:
*Audio commentary by film historian Adrian Martin
*The Life and Times of Dziga Vertov: An Interview with Ian Christie (46 Min.)
*Dziga Vertov: Non-Fiction Film Thing, a video essay by David Cairns (20 Min.)

MAN WITH A MOVIE CAMERA blueband.jpg

Kino Lorber Insider

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Insider
Coming April 6th!

CAROLE LOMBARD COLLECTION II
Hands Across the Table (1935)
Audio Commentary by Filmmaker Allan Arkush and Filmmaker/Historian Daniel Kremer
Love Before Breakfast (1936)
Audio Commentary by Film Historians Alexandra Heller-Nicholas and Joshua Nelson
Theatrical Trailer
The Princess Comes Across (1936)
Audio Commentary by Filmmaker Allan Arkush and Filmmaker/Historian Daniel Kremer

HANDS ACROSS THE TABLE (1935) B&W 80 Minutes 1.37:1 Not Rated
From Mitchell Leisen, the acclaimed director of Easy Living, Midnight, Remember the Night and To Each His Own, comes this classic screwball comedy starring Hollywood legends Carole Lombard (No Man of Her Own) and Fred MacMurray (Murder, He Says). Regi Allen (Lombard) is a marriage-minded manicurist employed in a swanky hotel barbershop where she hopes to find herself a wealthy husband. She soon meets charming playboy Theodore Drew III (MacMurray), a dedicated customer who won’t take no for an answer. There’s one big problem: neither of these two gold diggers has what the other really wants—money! The plot thickens when Regi discovers that Theodore is engaged to marry a very wealthy woman. However, Theodore’s infatuation with Regi has him attempting to extricate himself from his upcoming nuptials in a hilarious sequence of mishaps and miscommunication. Ralph Bellamy (His Girl Friday) co-stars.

LOVE BEFORE BREAKFAST (1936) B&W 70 Minutes 1.37:1 Not Rated
From Walter Lang, the outstanding director of State Fair, Cheaper by the Dozen, There’s No Business Like Show Business, The King and I, Desk Set and Can-Can, comes this wacky screwball comedy starring screen goddess Carole Lombard (Supernatural) as a beautiful socialite who must choose between two men. Madly in love with Kay Colby (Lombard), wealthy businessman Scott Miller (Preston Foster, The Last Days of Pompeii) buys the oil company her fiancé Bill (Cesar Romero, The Beautiful Blonde from Bashful Bend) works for and transfers him to Japan. Finally able to make his move, Scott woos the Park Avenue beauty until she finally agrees to be wed. However, when Kay claims she is only marrying him for his money, Scott breaks the engagement and brings back Bill so she can choose which suitor she loves the most.

THE PRINCESS COMES ACROSS (1936) B&W 76 Minutes 1.37:1 Not Rated
BRAND NEW 2K MASTER! Screen greats Carole Lombard (Nothing Sacred) and Fred MacMurray (There’s Always Tomorrow) star in The Princess Comes Across, a fast-paced murder mystery with a touch of comedy. A stage-struck Brooklyn actress (Lombard) draws on her talent, posing as royalty aboard an ocean liner bound for Hollywood. Her ruse soon becomes hilariously complicated when she unwittingly becomes involved in a murder. Meanwhile, a fellow passenger (MacMurray) is smitten by the “princess” and he soon gets swept up in her charade. Set aboard a glorious ship, this clever caper which was inspired by a true-life incident includes an unforgettable scene featuring MacMurray performing “My Concertina” during a talent show. Directed by William K. Howard (Johnny Come Lately).

CL.jpg

Last edited:

Kino Lorber Insider

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Insider
Coming to Blu-ray February 23rd from Kino Classics!

Port of Freedom (1944)
Directed by Helmut Käutner (Black Gravel)
Starring Hans Albers (The Man Who Was Sherlock Holmes) and Ilse Werner (Münchhausen)

Under the direction of Helmut Käutner (Black Gravel), German heartthrob Hans Albers stars as Hannes, a former sailor who now works as an entertainer, playing his accordion in the streets and cabarets of the garish red light district of Hamburg. When he meets a headstrong young farmgirl (Ilse Werner), Hannes’s passions are reawakened, and he is torn between his love for Gisa and the beckoning call of the sea. Produced in Germany in the final years of World War II, Port of Freedom (Grosse Freiheit Nr. 7) demonstrates how independent-minded artists were able to circumvent the demands of state-run film industry under the Third Reich. Rather than a propagandistic celebration of German might, it is a melancholy ode to lost love and happier times, lavishly photographed by Werner Krien in the rich warmth of Agfacolor.

Special features:
*Audio commentary by film historian Olaf Möller
*Optional English subtitles

PORT OF FREEDOM blueband.jpg

Kino Lorber Insider

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Insider
As our WINTER WONDERLAND Sale continues, we’ve added 35 new titles to our “WHILE SUPPLIES LAST” Sale. And also added some very limited stock to some previously unavailable “sold out” titles.

WHILE SUPPLIES LAST” Sale
https://www.kinolorber.com/list/view/code/wsl-dec2020
Over 270 Titles! $4.99 & Up!

WINTER WONDERLAND Sale
https://www.kinolorber.com/list/view/code/winter-wonderland-sale
Over 300 Titles! $4.99 & Up!
Sale Ends December 21st!

Free USA Shipping – Orders of $50 or More!

klsc.jpg

Dave Lawrence

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Dave
I placed my sale order today. I was going to be practical - relatively speaking - and get maybe 10 items. I ended up with 25 in my cart. I "settled" on 19 items, including a couple of pre-orders due out next Tuesday. Practicality may not have succeeded, but fun at good prices did succeed.

Now the race is on to see whether this order will arrive before the 5 discs from my Noirvember order (which had a couple of out of stock items and finally graduated from "New" to "Now Processing" status last Friday, but I digress...).

Thanks for saving me from being practical, Kino! :)

QTYITEMSTATUSCOST
1[Blu-ray] The ApeOrder Taken$11.99
1[Blu-ray] Bustin' LooseOrder Taken$11.99
1[Blu-ray] The Ipcress File (Special Edition)Order Taken$12.99
1[Blu-ray] The Whistle BlowerOrder Taken$11.99
1[Blu-ray] Delta Force 2Order Taken$9.99
1[Blu-ray] DragnetOrder Taken$12.49
1[Blu-ray] The Eiger Sanction (Special Edition)Order Taken$13.49
1[Blu-ray] King of the MountainOrder Taken$13.49
1[Blu-ray] Play Misty for Me (Special Edition)Order Taken$13.49
1[Blu-ray] Seven SinnersOrder Taken$11.99
1[Blu-ray] The Shepherd of the HillsOrder Taken$11.99
1[Blu-ray] The SpoilersOrder Taken$8.49
1[Blu-ray] Once Upon a CrimeOrder Taken$7.99
1[Blu-ray] The Monster That Challenged the WorldOrder Taken$10.99
1[Blu-ray] Fernando Di Leo: The Italian Crime Collection Vol. 2 (Blu-ray box)Order Taken$24.99
1[DVD] The 300 Year WeekendOrder Taken$8.97
1[Blu-ray] Ladybug LadybugOrder Taken$14.97
1[Blu-ray] D.C. CabOrder Taken$14.97
1[Blu-ray] Reap the Wild WindOrder Taken$8.99

Yeoman007

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Rick
As our WINTER WONDERLAND Sale continues, we’ve added 35 new titles to our “WHILE SUPPLIES LAST” Sale. And also added some very limited stock to some previously unavailable “sold out” titles.

WHILE SUPPLIES LAST” Sale
https://www.kinolorber.com/list/view/code/wsl-dec2020
Over 270 Titles! $4.99 & Up!

WINTER WONDERLAND Sale
https://www.kinolorber.com/list/view/code/winter-wonderland-sale
Over 300 Titles! $4.99 & Up!
Sale Ends December 21st!

Free USA Shipping – Orders of $50 or More!

View attachment 83311

Thank you for the heads-up, especially on the WSL sale! I really appreciate that you keep us informed on it.

Rick

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hilogisticz
Recent bookmarks