What's new

King of the Hill Season 7? (1 Viewer)

Tony S

Stunt Coordinator
My guess is since the new season won't start until January, after football is over, that they are waiting to coincide the new release with that. Just a hunch.

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
I'm hoping that is the case. Considering the next season will probably be the last one, and there are no extras on the DVDs, we can see the whole show out in a couple years. I wish they'd do three seasons (7, 8, and 9) next year, however.

TwoKings

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jay

Damn :frowning:

I have not been following KOTH in a while hoping they would release the final seasons on DVD...looks like I have to set the DVR.

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
That's bad news indeed. Glad I have the first 6 seasons, though.

Cees

Jaime_Weinman

Supporting Actor
Dang, that's too bad, though not unexpected. Fox could have done a much better job with the last few seasons (who wants to pay $39.95 list price for double-sided discs and no extras?), but one way or another this show was always going to be a tough sell on DVD.

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
That price was because of the music used on the show, some of it so abysmal that, if I were to judge it solely in and of itself, it is not worth keeping (the likes of Britney "Mommy Warbucks" Spears, Spice Girls, Christina "the Happiest Place on Earth" Aguilera), but only because of the fact that it was in the show in the first place would I support leaving it on.

They expect maximum profit from minimal effort. They ditched extras starting with season 3, and used double-sided discs (which people apparently hate with such a passion that they won't buy shows they really like because of it). You reap what you sow.

Anyone joining me in my boycott?

Jeff Reis

Stunt Coordinator
OK fine, if sales were so bad, license the remaining seasons to someone like Shout Factory.

Seems funny that suddenly they decide to ditch the series after the feud with Mike Judge over Idiocracy.

Ron68

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Ron
This is very disappointing news :frowning: . I hope FOX reconsiders or allows another company to release the remaining seasons. I don't get my local channels any more, so I was planning to catch all of the episodes I missed on DVD, season 7 was the last season I watched first-run. I love this series.

TwoKings

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jay

King of the Hill airs here in Houston several times a day on several networks.

I need to find out when they start airing the final seasons starting with 7 so I can DVR...

PaulP

Senior HTF Member
This is bullshit.

So sales were poor, but I'm sure some were sold still. It's not like they didn't even sell one of each season, cause I have them. They make these releases barebones and expect what, Simpsons sales?

Wezzo

Second Unit
They started realising them in R2 last year and are currently up to S5 with no sign of stopping yet.. I'm hoping they'll continue past S6, I'd pretty much given up on an R1 release for the past six months.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks