What's new

Kim Delaney goes to CSI: Miami (1 Viewer)

Ken Chan

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken
I dunno; I was looking for Emily Procter (Ainsley on The West Wing) to have a big role. Dig the accent and the long blonde hair....

//Ken

Rino van Dam

Auditioning
Please, not Kim Delaney! In my opinion, bringing her in started the beginning of the end for quality acting in NYPD (even though she received an emmy for it). She wasn't the worst actress on NYPD, but wasn't too good either. And she really fizzled after Jimmy Smits left.

Interesting, though. One of the best (if not THE best) actors from NYPD -Caruso- teamed with one of the worst.

Let's hope she doesn't have too big of a role, and won't be as annoying as she was on 'Philly'. She really made me root for the 'bad guys' in there.

Rino

Brian Ruth

Supporting Actor
Isn't David Caruso the luckiest guy in Hollywood?

He leaves a huge show to go for a movie career

His movie career fizzles to the point where he can't get top billing (though I thought he kicked ass in his "Proof Of Life" supporting role)

He THEN gets tagged as the star for the spinoff of the hottest show on TV.

If I'm not mistaken, the CSI Miami episode last year was the most watched CSI original episode that year, at least up to that time.

As long as they don't have a competitive timeslot, the new CSI should do no less than 85% of CSI's ratings this year, and might very well do better. L&O proved you can dilute a series, and as long as you keep the quality up, the show can still prosper (I think the original L&O is doing better now than it has ever done).

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
Well, in between he's had another series on CBS and a few good indie films (most notably, Session 9). He's not lucky; he's earned top billing again.

As long as they don't have a competitive timeslot,
And there's the rub. It's on Mondays at 10pm, opposite "Crossing Jordan" - which was good up until its overdirected finale, and appeals to some of the same audience - and "Monday Night Football" or "Miracles" on ABC. "Miracles" has some good buzz, but by the time it shows up, "CSI Miami" will probably have established itself.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks