What's new

Kill Bill: Vol. 1 NOT coming to DVD on Feb 3rd afterall, or on Reg 1 at least anyhow? (1 Viewer)

Johnny G

Supporting Actor
So much for early rumors of this date.

Even the UK Reg 2 date has been pushed back from Feb 8th to March 1st.

The most repuatble info I can find says the reg 1 is now due Feb 28th so I guess the announcement will be coming any day now!

Haden

Supporting Actor
Probably to coincide with the rumors of the Kill Bill 2 release date being pushed back to April. They want to keep the Vol. 1 DVD release close to the Vol.2 theatrical release, so if they are pushing the theatrical release of Vol.2 ahead a couple months then the Vol.1 DVD must be pushed forward too.

Kyle Tippett

Stunt Coordinator
I have to say that i am furious with Miramax. I want to sneak into the houses of ole' Harvey and Bob and pull some Miike Audition style revenge on them with at chord of razor wire.
First there was Shaolin Soccer, and we all know how that turned out. Then HERO, and now this crap. Cutting the film was one thing, but this s**t is too much. I wouldnt be surprised if they dont even put the vol.1 disc out OR re-release it in theaters before 2 hits the screens.
Furthermore, if they pull stunts like this with Kitano's Zatoichi later this year, i think i am going to snap.:angry:

Johnny G

Supporting Actor
I just realised Feb 28 is a Saturday so that can't be right.

Kyle, are you referring to the theatrical releases of Shaolin Soccer & Hero as I've been looking out for DVD release dates for ages & haven't seen any?

JustinCleveland

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Justin Cleveland
Oookay... time to switch to decaf and start watching less violent films... for every violent movie you have to watch 3 episodes "The View." ;)

DonRoeber

Screenwriter
And that's supposed to calm him down? That'd only make me more mad!

I'm pretty dissapointed about this too. My birthday is 2/27, and I was looking forward to getting a whole bunch of friends together for dinner and Kill Bill Volume 1 on Friday night, and Kill Bill Volume 2 on Saturday. But alas...

ChrisBEA

Screenwriter
This is sad news......
I got an import of Hero, great movie, and will probably be importing Shaolin Soccer.
Did anyone see what MTV did to Volcano High(Whasango)??

Anyway, I loved Kill Bill, My favorite of '03.

Neil_Duffy

Second Unit
Kill Bill has been put back till last week in April in UK... I was under the impression that the US disc was annouced for Feb 3rd?

Johnny G

Supporting Actor
The UK reg 2 disc is actually due April 19th now so who knows, the reg 1 could be any time between 3/30 & 4/20?

Kristoffer

Second Unit
Just saw this at www.dvdanswers.com ;

Further Details
Mirimax Home Video have today confirmed a delay for the region one release of Kill Bill: Volume One which stars the lovely Uma Thurman and Lucy Liu. The disc was originally scheduled for a release on the 3rd February this year, but because of the delay to the theatrical release of Volume Two, the disc has now been put back until March at the earliest. Volume Two is now scheduled for a theatrical release in April. I'm afraid that's all we know at present, but we'll let you know as soon as we hear anything else. We're expecting the official announcement to arrive within the next few weeks, so stay tuned for that!

Kyle Tippett

Stunt Coordinator

Good Luck, Miramax has put cease and dissist orders on most sellers over Shaolin a while back, and have started to with Hero.

I didnt see what MTV did to Volcano High, but i heard about it. It doesnt really bother me, i hated that film.

Anyway, more important, my car is dying.
Anyone know where to get a Non-Turbo 93 Saab 9000 cs auto tranny? the poor girl might not make it through the night.
i knew it was bad yesterday when a mechanic said "bring it to 'so and so' and he will tell you whether or not it's 'worth fixing'"

Why do i always buy European? becasue they look so good..
so so much freakin money

Matt Naglieri

Second Unit
Cinescape reported today that the dvd will be released on April 13th followed by the theatrical release of kill bill vol. 2 on the 16th.

Matthew Brown

Supporting Actor
Just a bit of advice. Shaolin Soccer is available for sale from certain e-tailers. Just don't post any links to them here because Miramax could very possibly issue a cease and desist against the forum. I'm not kidding.

An interesting note, the Japanes DVD of SHAOLIN SOCCER has the Miramax cut included.

Miramax is why we haven't seen the uncut version of HERO on DVD, let alone a US release of their cut. The "official" version of the movie is already Miramax's cut. There has been word of a Director's cut for a while but it hasn't materialized yet.

Sorry for going a little to far off topic.

Matt

Bob-N

Supporting Actor
Three days isn't much time to develop furvor from DVD sales for the theatrical release.

DanR

Supporting Actor
I'll be waiting for the Tarantino special boxset when all is said and done. I am upset that Vol. 2 has been pushed back.

-Dan

Magnus T

Supporting Actor
I agree. Personally, I think it's idiotic to release the first part of a 2 part film when the you have barely begun to edit the second part.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks