What's new

Kenwood KRF-v5560D not outputting DTS or DD (1 Viewer)

Sabih

Auditioning
Real Name
Sabih
Hi guys. I bought a Kenwood KRF-v5560D (VR-605 in U.S) second hand from an auction site and i'm having trouble with the receiver not being able to read a Dolby Digital or DTS signal. It instead plays everything in Pro Logic ll mode. Ive emailed the seller several times and he insists that the receiver was perfect. The receiver itself is immaculate and functions perfectly in all other respects. Im using it with a Sony DVP-NS530 DVD player using a high quality optical cable. The receiver is set to the correct setting which is "Digital-Auto Detect" where it should theoretically automatically detect the inputted signal (DD, DTS etc). It however, like I said before, does not detect these signals and just plays them in Pro Logic mode. Ive even tried a Playstation 2 and the same thing happens.

Could these receivers only be compatible with Kenwood DVD players? Surely not? Is it possible that the digital proccessor in the reciever is faulty? It seems a little unlikely to me as everything else works perfectly.

Any ideas/suggestions? Im pretty gutted about this as I actually upgraded from a pro-logic only reciever but ended up with a DTS/DD/Pro Logic II compatible receiver that only seems to set itslelf to Pro Logic mode :frowning: .

Sabih

Auditioning
Real Name
Sabih
Thank you very much for input guys! I finally got it going thanks to the thread you suggested Alon. Much appreciated! :)

Sabih

Auditioning
Real Name
Sabih
I needed to access the advanced menu on the DVD player and manually switch on DD and DTS output to 'ON'. Seems simple enough I know, but its something I thought DVD players did automatically.

FeisalK

Screenwriter
isn't it ridiculous that current DVD players STILL have these defaulted to OFF, or output PCM (for DTS) by default when digital is ON

Sabih

Auditioning
Real Name
Sabih
Agreed. I felt like a right idiot about it, as I emailed the seller several times and even got a little offensive in my last email :frowning: I really thought he had sold me a faulty receiver. I still dont see the point of having these modes turned off as the default setting.

Anyway, the sound quality is amazing with DTS and DD compared to Pro Logic. Pulled out my old copy of Gladiator and was blown away. Loving it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks