What's new

Kenwood 6060 (1 Viewer)

Leonard B

Stunt Coordinator
I have the 6060 also. Yes, this is normal. I watch most of my movies with the receiver's volume set between -25db and -30db. For intense movies like Lord of the Rings,-30db was VERY loud. How loud you have to adjust your volume can depend on many things, such as room size, how efficient your speakers are and the source that you are listening to. For example, I usually play music cd's at around-35db, which is loud enough for my tastes. Another thing to consider is whether you have calibrated your speakers with a test disc and a sound meter. I noticed a huge improvement in the sound after calibration.
Hope this helps.

RudyN

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Rudy Nunez
Yeah, I also have to turn it up to around -35db for "good" sound. I have not yet calibrated it though. Still have to go to Radio Shack to get the meter.

Andy_SB

Agent
I usually watch TV at around -45 to -40db. Movies are more like -35 to -30db. So yes, what you're experiencing is normal.

Brian Ruth

Supporting Actor
My receiver (Yamaha HTR-5590) is set at -47.5, so I don't think thats anything out of the ordinary. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks