What's new

JVC's AV compulink mode (1 Viewer)

David Payne

Stunt Coordinator
Can someone explain to me what the AV compulink is for? I know it's to do with connecting JVC equipment together, but are there specific examples of how it can be used? I bought my DVD player a few years ago, and the manual is very vague. It just says AV compulink is "for use in the future" and tells me to set it to DVD1.

Jose G

Supporting Actor
I don't know if this will help, but I had (actually still have somewhere) a jvc tape deck and cd changer that both use compulink. The way it worked was that I could set the tape deck to record and it would wait for the cd player before recording. In other words, I didn't have to press record after play on the cd player. It synched this and did it well. The tape deck had what was called a dynamic detection recording processor. Now, the other reason for this technology was that if the units did not have remotes, the compulink allowed you to control everything through your JVC receiver's remote. Again, I don't know if this is the same as the AV compulink of modern day. You might just give JVC a call and ask. Post back if you do and let us know.

BrianWoerndle

Supporting Actor
JVCs AV Compulink can be very handy if you have a bunch of JVC gear. But it only works with JVC gear.

I used to have all JVC gear (before I upgraded to better stuff). I had a TV, receiver, DVd player, VCR, and CD player all hooked up with compulink. The system sends commands to each other to swith inputs and stuff. Some examples:
To play a DVD player (with everything off), all you had to do was press play. It would turn the receiver on, change the input, turn the TV on, and change the input (which is what the DVD1 is referring to, which channel to change to).
If I had a CD playing, it would actually realize that I wasn't listening to a CD and stop the CD.
At the end of the night, hit 1 power button and everything turned off.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks