Pricing Help -- JVC XV SA602

Discussion in 'Hardware Classifieds' started by MarcoBiscotti, Jun 3, 2006.

1. MarcoBiscotti

MarcoBiscotti Producer

Can anyone please help me out?

Since buying my Pio Elite 59-avi two years ago, I haven't paid much attention to unit pricing, but I see with the Oppos and other mid-level players with 'professional' features that pricing has come down significantly.

I want to sell this to a close friend of mine, but don't want to rip anyone off. I'm basically just giving it away at about $50 CAN...

The thing is, as far as I know, it's no longer in production.

It's got a professionally modded chipset to playback ANY region-coded DVD from any video standard (NTSC, PAL, SECAM) from any country in the world, and has a quality built-in converter and pretty sturdy build.

It's also in brand new condition, box manuals, remote and all.

It's got true hardware progressive scan and 3/2 pull down functions. Perfect Pal to NTSC conversion and selectable interlaced/progressive-scan component video output.

Has built-in DTS decoder w/ 5.1 output.

Playback: DVD-R, DVD+R, DVD-RW, DVD+RW, DVD AUDIO, VCD, SVCD, AUDIO CD, CD-R & CD-RW, JPEG Digital Still Files on CD-R/W, MPEG CD, Kodak Picture CD & MP3 Discs.

Tech Specs:

- 54MHz/10-bit video DAC
    - built-in Dolby Digital/DTS decoder with 5.1-channel output
    - 3D-Phonic virtual surround sound
    - optical and coaxial digital outputs for Dolby Digital/DTS/PCM
    - 1 set of A/V outputs (composite video, S-video, and 480i/480p component video)
    - remote control with glow-in-the-dark buttons
    - 13-step picture zoom
    - JVC AV CompuLink
    - 192kHz/24-bit audio D/A converter
    - 17-1/8"W x 2-7/8"H x 12"D

Outputs:

- 1 RCA composite video jack (yellow, white, & red)
    - 1 S-Video Output
    - 1 Component Video Output (3 jacks, Y/Pb/Pr) with the Scanning Mode Selector (480i, 480p, Remote)
    - Audio Out: 5.1-channel output (Front L+R, Rear L+R, Center and Subwoofer)
    - 1 Optical Digital Output
    - 1 Coaxial Digital Output
    - 1 RCA Output Left/Right

I originally paid something like $250 US, shipped from one of the "region-free" specialty retailers online. I think it was 220-electronics.com or something like that.

What do you think this player is worth today, with the chipset mod and all?

Is $50 a reasonable asking for a close friend, or does that sound too generous, about it's value, etc?

Thanks for any help!

2. Chris Gerhard

Chris Gerhard Screenwriter

Chris Gerhard
    I think $50 Canadian is a fair price if he needs that player. I still have two of them, one black XV-SA600BK which has been modded for all region and an unmodified XV-SA602SL. I recall purchasing the modded black one used last year and found the price I paid in my PayPal account so copied that:

5790949964 Code Free JVC XV-SA600 DVD Audio Video Player XV-S600BK 1 $20.50 USD $20.50 USD

Shipping & Handling via USPS Parcel Post
    (includes any seller handling fees) $12.60 USD
    Shipping Insurance (optional): --

Total: $33.10 USD

I like the player really well, but it is not highly regarded and doesn't demand a high price.

Chris

3. MarcoBiscotti

MarcoBiscotti Producer

Thanks for your help Chris.

I'm surprised at how much I initially paid for this thing in contrast to what you spent!

Of course, that was a couple of years ago and thus is the name of the game with developping technology.

Anyways, thanks again.

I think I'll use the cash to pick up the new John Ford set! [​IMG]