What's new

JVC 27FA44 Geometry Adjustment via SM (1 Viewer)

Rudolph V

Grip
How difficult is it to fix minor geometry distortions on a 27" JVC 27FA44 direct view flat tube TV via the service menu?

There seems to be one or two areas on the screen where the picture seems to be either vertically or horizontally compressed (is this called linearity?). I attached a mocked up grid distortion image of the geometry distortion phenomena I'm seeing (see attached image link). I exaggerated the effect here to make it a bit more prominent, but it does get the idea across.

Would I be able to correct this kind of distortion via service menu adjustments or will I need to get an ISF technician to adjust the set?

Jonathan Dagmar

Supporting Actor
I have that TV. When I got it I was able to fix it using the service menu, however it is a TEDIOUS a long porcess of trial and error using a variety of cryptically named controls.

It is an absolute must that you make a recrod of all of the settings you plan to alter before you touch them, or you might end up completely ruining your tv (it will still work, but you may never get back to watchable settings)....

One thing is that if your tV has a tils porblem i dont think you can fix it, mine does and i was unable to find a setting to fix it. Not a huge porblem exepct when watching cable news with a scroller...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks