What's new

New JVC Projectors That Display Images With 4K Precision (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein

Now Available, New JVC Projectors That Display Images With 4K Precision Four new THX® 3D Certified models use e-Shift technology to upconvert images to four times the resolution of Full HD

[COLOR= rgb(0, 0, 0)]New JVC home theater projectors that display 2D HD content with full 4K precision are now shipping. Announced at CEDIA Expo in September, the new models feature JVC’s new e-Shifttechnology capable of projecting images with 3840 x 2160 pixel resolution, four times that of full HD. The upconverting technology is available in four of seven new 3D-enabled projectors that boast a wide range of advancements, including higher native contrast than previous models for levels that remain unmatched by any other home theater projector.[/COLOR]

[COLOR= rgb(0, 0, 0)]The new projectors are the Procision Series DLA-X90R, DLA-X70R and DLA-X30, marketed by JVC’s Consumer Electronics Group, and the Reference Series DLA-RS65, DLA-RS55, DLA-RS4800 and DLA-RS45, available through JVC Professional Products Company. JVC’s 4K e-Shift technology is featured in the top four models, which are also THX® 3D Certified. All seven new projectors offer other advancements that boost picture quality, improve 3D performance and enhance functionality.[/COLOR]

[COLOR= rgb(0, 0, 0)]Earlier this year NHK Science & Technology Research Laboratories, NHK Engineering Service Inc. and JVC Kenwood Corporation collaborated in the development of a Super High Vision projection system that utilizes e-Shift technology. Now, that technology is available in the DLA-X90R, DLA-X70R, DLA-RS65 and DLA-RS55. Using e-Shift, 2D HD content is upconverted and scaled to a 4K signal (3840 x 2160) and the e-Shift technology displays it at full 4K precision. Compared to a Full HD (1920 x 1080) image, that’s twice the horizontal and vertical resolution and four times the number of pixels, or over 8 megapixels. The result is a stunningly detailed image with minimal aliasing artifacts found in standard HD displays.[/COLOR]

[COLOR= rgb(0, 0, 0)]All seven projectors are 3D-enabled and offer several 3D performance and feature enhancements:[/COLOR]

[COLOR= rgb(0, 0, 0)]· 2D-to-3D Converter – Converts 2D program material to 3D using technology derived from JVC’s professional 2D-to-3D converter. Included are user adjustments for 3D depth and subtitle geometry correction;[/COLOR]

Gregg Loewen

Founder, Professional Video Alliance
Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gregg Loewen
Awesome stuff. I recently had a resolution question posed to me from China HT Magazine. I will cut and paste it here, as it is relevant. Gregg Greetings! I have been asked to host a Q and A column on HT China Magazine. I will also be posting the questions on this site and providing answers for you here. Feel free to ask further questions or additional information. Regards Gregg Question: Now,4K2K is so hot. I found the Sony VPL-VW1000`s resolution was 4096×2160,different from some 4k2k TV sets, which was 3840x2160.Will VPL-VW1000 got the dot to dot problem? Answer: This question is complex and complexing ! The 4K Sony should be able to do a 4:1 pixel map and keep the correct sizing. So pixel mapping (dot to dot) should not be an issue. New JVC projectors are just coming to market and are also being touted as 4K units but with a slightly different resolution. I posed this question to Ken Bylsma, Field Engineer, for JVC USA. Ken replied: JVC has implemented e-Shift to create an image with 3840x2160 (4K) precision which is 1.78:1, so there is no asymmetrical size scaling of 1920x1080 video. The e-Shift process does not simply double up the same 1920x1080 frame to create a 3840x2160 frame. It’s got some sophistication and intelligence to it. The e-Shift system evaluates each 1920x1080 frame and uses a correlation detection algorithm to internally create a complete 3840x2160 frame that has enhanced edge transitions, increased contrast in detailed areas, and the near-elimination of aliasing and stair-stepping. This enhanced 3840x2160 frame is then separated into two new 1920x1080 subframes, which are then alternately projected to the screen at 120Hz. The e-Shift device diagonally shifts each of the two frames ½ pixel from each other using a unique optical diffraction technique, resulting in an image that has 3840x2160 (4K) precision. The ½ pixel shift technique is purely optical, not mechanical. JVC e-Shift technology was co-developed with NHK Engineering Services. Gregg Loewen Lead Video Standards Instructor, THX Ltd.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks