What's new

Just wanted to brag (about SSX) (1 Viewer)

Marshall Alsup

Second Unit
Hey everyone,

My roomate and I used to have a contest going to see who can get the highest score on the SSX track Elyseum Alps (I cant spell). Our high was 886k, with all scores on the board over 800k.

We havent played in several months and decided to break it back out for the hell of it. We discovered that one of my friends from out of town accidently took our memory card home and left his. This motovated us to play again so we could fill up his memory card with these high scores! Reminds me of the days when my friends and I would borrow each others Wave Race 64 carts to beat each others scores, then trade them back and have something to beat again.

Damn, this is a fun game.

Anyone still playing it? and If so, how are your scores on the various tracks?

-Marshall

John Royster

Screenwriter
Still love SSX, and the Alps course.
something about the sound effects and sound track make this a turn it up loug and play till your fingers fall off.
-edit- 800K is pretty darned good. but then again I've never read any howtos or secrets...just played the game. :)

Jose Q

Stunt Coordinator
Tricky is pretty cool. Even with the limited camera angles the pros outweight the cons.
Some of the Uber tricks are insane!
:)

Scott_G

Second Unit
I got the PS/2 on launch day and SSX was one of the originals.

When one of the kids fires it up ... I always ask for a few plays.

Marshall Alsup

Second Unit
I'll have to check out Tricky. We did rent it one weekend and found that it's MUCH easier to score big with the new tricks, especially after you spell out tricky and can do trickys the rest of the run. I didn't get to play it too much when we had it because I was working a lot. When I get some cash I'll have to pick it up. I LOVE SSX!
-Marshall
PS. Never read any how-to's either. But when we got the PS2 we only had SSX and we played it hours a day every day for a long time. Also we had this jabroni friend of ours who could beat our ass because he bought the PS2 a couple months before us, so we practiced so much just so we could finally beat him! He ended up topping out at about 700K and finally gave up :D GOOD GAME!

Steve Y

Supporting Actor
Tricky is (IMO) a lot easier than SSX-1. Not only because of the trick system (which does bring a more complex racing/tricking dynamic into the game) but because the tracks themselves are much more forgiving.

The uber-trick system is still cool, and I actually find myself playing the second game more than the first... or maybe both about equally.

Steve

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks