What's new

Just received my Sherbourn 7/2100! (1 Viewer)

Fred DeGrandis

Stunt Coordinator
I came home tonight to see that my Sherbourn 7/2100 was here.
How does it sound you ask..........Well, I went to pick up the package, and this has HERNIA written all over it. It weighs 115 pounds. I have to carry this all the way downstairs, so I am waiting for a friend to come over and help

The Sherbourn has a really cool LDS speaker detector(Patent Pending) knob on the back that has a LED light that test each of the channels after instalation in regards to speaker connection. DID I mention that this thing is heavy! I picked it up to put it on the rack, and it hit me like a ton of bricks(my god, I had better get this somewhere before I drop it).

2 power cords, and this puppy is bridgable. This amp also gives you the option of a 12v source to trigger it on, a music setting that turns on the amp from standby if any audio is fed to it and an "ON" switch that keeps the amp on at all times.

A birdie told me that this amp was very conservitively rated at the bench, and the accurate rating for this beast is 220wpc@8ohms instead of 200wpc@8ohms.

I am still breaking in the amp, but as of right now it sounds great.

Fred

SC Trojan

Agent
Real Name
Gary
congradulations on your purchase! I was thinking about this same amp. I was considering the earthquake cinenova, parasound 2205, b&k 7270, rotel 1095, ati 2505, bryston 9bst and a few others. I have decided on the sherbourn since it is 7 channels and you can bridge 6 of them for major headroom.

Do you have a good dealer? Can I ask where you purchased it and for how much?

Miguel Stanic

Stunt Coordinator
Fred,

I am also looking at this AMP. Can I ask how much you paid for it as I'm very close to pulling the trigger on this one.

I am still contemplating between this one, the Rotel RMB 1095 and RB 1080 or the B&K 7270.

Yohan Pamudji

Supporting Actor
Fred,

Got rid of your 5/1500A did ya? How does the 7/2100 compare? Can you tell any difference, or are you in it more for the 2 extra channels? I have a 5/1500A (thanks indirectly to you), and I love how it sounds with my Paradigm Studio 80s. Just wanted to keep an eye out for upgrade options if I ever go 7.1.

Fred DeGrandis

Stunt Coordinator
Miguel,
email me at: [email protected]

Yohan,
It really woke up those paradigms didn't it.
The new amp is great, and there are a few more gadgets, but most importantly, the same great Sherbourn quality.

I have not had a chance to get 7.1 going yet, but once I buy 2 more speakers(side surrounds), after I buy a projector I will be able to check it out.

Fred

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks