Just received my Sherbourn 7/2100!

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Fred DeGrandis, Feb 20, 2003.

1. Fred DeGrandis

Fred DeGrandis Stunt Coordinator

I came home tonight to see that my Sherbourn 7/2100 was here.
    How does it sound you ask..........Well, I went to pick up the package, and this has HERNIA written all over it. It weighs 115 pounds. I have to carry this all the way downstairs, so I am waiting for a friend to come over and help

The Sherbourn has a really cool LDS speaker detector(Patent Pending) knob on the back that has a LED light that test each of the channels after instalation in regards to speaker connection. DID I mention that this thing is heavy! I picked it up to put it on the rack, and it hit me like a ton of bricks(my god, I had better get this somewhere before I drop it).

2 power cords, and this puppy is bridgable. This amp also gives you the option of a 12v source to trigger it on, a music setting that turns on the amp from standby if any audio is fed to it and an "ON" switch that keeps the amp on at all times.

A birdie told me that this amp was very conservitively rated at the bench, and the accurate rating for this beast is [email protected] instead of [email protected]

I am still breaking in the amp, but as of right now it sounds great.

Fred

2. SC Trojan

SC Trojan Agent

congradulations on your purchase! I was thinking about this same amp. I was considering the earthquake cinenova, parasound 2205, b&k 7270, rotel 1095, ati 2505, bryston 9bst and a few others. I have decided on the sherbourn since it is 7 channels and you can bridge 6 of them for major headroom.

Do you have a good dealer? Can I ask where you purchased it and for how much?

3. Fred DeGrandis

GAry,
    Check your email[​IMG]

4. Miguel Stanic

Miguel Stanic Stunt Coordinator

Fred,

I am also looking at this AMP. Can I ask how much you paid for it as I'm very close to pulling the trigger on this one.

I am still contemplating between this one, the Rotel RMB 1095 and RB 1080 or the B&K 7270.

5. Yohan Pamudji

Yohan Pamudji Second Unit

Fred,

Got rid of your 5/1500A did ya? How does the 7/2100 compare? Can you tell any difference, or are you in it more for the 2 extra channels? I have a 5/1500A (thanks indirectly to you), and I love how it sounds with my Paradigm Studio 80s. Just wanted to keep an eye out for upgrade options if I ever go 7.1.

6. Fred DeGrandis

Miguel,
    email me at: [email protected]

Yohan,
    It really woke up those paradigms didn't it.
    The new amp is great, and there are a few more gadgets, but most importantly, the same great Sherbourn quality.

I have not had a chance to get 7.1 going yet, but once I buy 2 more speakers(side surrounds), after I buy a projector I will be able to check it out.

Fred