What's new

Classe' CAV150 or Sherbourn 7/2100 (1 Viewer)

Sri

Agent
Folks,
I need help deciding between these two amps. I've a shot at getting either of these amps. at the same price. I spend lot of time watching movies than listening to music. Classe' is 150wpc at 8 ohms and 300 wpc at 4 ohms (6 channels) while the Sherbourn is 200wpc at 8 ohms and 300 wpc at 4 ohms (7 channels). If I purchase Classe I'm planning to bridge 2 channels of Classe for center and use 4 channels for l/r/sr/sl and use Anthem MCA-2 for the back 2 channels. If anyone compared A/B or has experience with these amps. let me know. The speakers are Diva 6.1,center, r3 and 2.1 and the pre/pro is B&K ref50.
Thanks in advance.

Yogi

Screenwriter
I havent listened to Sherbourn but I can tell you for sure that you will like Classe sound. Rich smooth and defined. Sherbourn also seems to win all the raves so I think you would be happy with either. Powerwise they both will deliver the same power even though the Sherbourn is rated 50W more @ 8Ohms.

MikeTz

Stunt Coordinator
I agree with Yogi, the Classe is an excellent amp. It's powerful, dynamic, and great sounding. If you bridge two channels just make sure your center stays above 4 ohms or you will be asking that Classe amp to run very hot (lots of output current) in the two bridged channels.

MT

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks