Classe' CAV150 or Sherbourn 7/2100

Discussion in 'AV Receivers' started by Sri, Dec 6, 2003.

1. Sri

Sri Agent

Folks,
    I need help deciding between these two amps. I've a shot at getting either of these amps. at the same price. I spend lot of time watching movies than listening to music. Classe' is 150wpc at 8 ohms and 300 wpc at 4 ohms (6 channels) while the Sherbourn is 200wpc at 8 ohms and 300 wpc at 4 ohms (7 channels). If I purchase Classe I'm planning to bridge 2 channels of Classe for center and use 4 channels for l/r/sr/sl and use Anthem MCA-2 for the back 2 channels. If anyone compared A/B or has experience with these amps. let me know. The speakers are Diva 6.1,center, r3 and 2.1 and the pre/pro is B&K ref50.
    Thanks in advance.

2. Yogi

Yogi Screenwriter

I havent listened to Sherbourn but I can tell you for sure that you will like Classe sound. Rich smooth and defined. Sherbourn also seems to win all the raves so I think you would be happy with either. Powerwise they both will deliver the same power even though the Sherbourn is rated 50W more @ 8Ohms.

3. MikeTz

MikeTz Stunt Coordinator

I agree with Yogi, the Classe is an excellent amp. It's powerful, dynamic, and great sounding. If you bridge two channels just make sure your center stays above 4 ohms or you will be asking that Classe amp to run very hot (lots of output current) in the two bridged channels.

MT