What's new

Just got my HTS5100 (1 Viewer)

Joe Tilley

Supporting Actor
The day after Christmas I got my new Monster HTS 5100. All I can say is this thing is great. Before I had some noise problems coming through my system from various things like power tools & a couple household appliances & now I don't even get a hint of it what so ever.

I noticed a slight improvement in my sound quality. High frequency detail seamed to improve some. Things like cymbal crashes sounded muffled before now come through much brighter & more detailed. And before I had a slight hiss at high volume in quite passages that is now unnoticeable. I don't really think midrange or bass response was improved or affected in any way that I have noticed, but I am very happy with what I have noticed so far.

Just thought I would share my thoughts it was definitely worth what I paid for it.

Chu Gai

Senior HTF Member
sounds like you had signficant interference on the lines that the unit has filtered out...btw, that hiss was probably some holiday guest that was balking at not being able to stay for a few days longer :D
out of curiosity, have you ever cranked up the volume with nothing playing and listened? if you get a sound have you tried it with and without the Monster...maybe even put a multimeter across the speaker wires and compare voltages? That's just me though Joe interjecting stuff I'd be doing. Glad you like it though. Good holidays and happy new years :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks