What's new

Just got a new system. What do you think? (1 Viewer)

Jason Norris

Auditioning
Hi all. This is my first post and I'm new to HT. I just purchased a new system and I wanted to see what you think. I wasn't looking for a killer system:
Mitsu WS-55809 55" Wide Screen
Paradigm PDR10 Sub
Paradigm CC70 Center Speaker
Paradigm Cinema 90 sides
Bose double cubes for rear surround
I plan on trying my exsisting Kenwood VR-357 Receiver for now since it sounds good with my cheap setup now and its been very reliable. I might also upgrade to a progressive scan DVD.
I listened to both the Klipsch and the Paradigm in the studio at the store I bought the stuff at and the Paradigm's were CLEARLY better sounding speakers to me.
Thanks!
Jason;)

Michael Yung

Stunt Coordinator
Congratulations on your new purchase. Paradigm are very nice speakers and you should enjoy them for a long time. However, I don't know what you're using as the front speakers though. Did you just miss it or are you using something else?

Jason Norris

Auditioning
Hi Mike. The front speakers are the Paradigm Cinema 90's. They had the Cinema 70's and the 90's. The Cinema 90's are a little bigger and were not much more money. I didn't buy the whole package since I wanted a better center and since I already had the surrounds (Bose cubes). My old system was a Kenwood HTB402 package that included the VR-357 dolby Digital receiver and cheap Kenwood speakers with a passive sub. The receiver was worked very well and I see not need to upgrade it at this time.

I'm glad to head I did the right thing by buying the Paradigm. I know its an entry level system but I'm glad its a good name. They had some really pricey Paradigm Reference stuff there and a Velodyne sub that was $1500.00 list. Wow! Looked like it would knock my walls down!

This system sounded just what I was looking for.

Jason

JesseR

Stunt Coordinator
Just a suggestion for your possible upgrade to progessive scane. My dad has that same tv and i brought home my progressive scan player i had bought at school...wow big difference...id definatly look into getting one

SvenS

Second Unit
Nice setup but you need to lose the Bose speakers as they will NOT compliment you other MUCH better speakers.

Jason Norris

Auditioning
Thanks for the recommendation on the progressive scan DVD. I watched "Frequency" last night and the picture quality was good but not as nice as the store displays with progressive scan DVD's. The sound was just what I have been looking for. The sub does a fantastic job with the action scenes. There was a nice sound image in the room and the Bose surrounds seemed fine. I bought the Bose speakers off Ebay and could sell them for more than a pair of Cinema 90's cost me new but I like them because they are small and blend in well with the ceiling. Maybe in the future I'll upgrade. The new movie room I build worked out well too. Its in the finished basement and I insulated the walls and celing real good. Could only hear the sub upstairs. No more watching movies with the subtitles on and the volume really low while the kids are sleeping!
Yahoo!:D
Jason

John Desmond

Stunt Coordinator
Jason, what we think is NOT important. What YOU think IS important:)
My recommendation would be to just start listening to the system you have. Do some fiddling with setup to get the best out of it you can, (speaker placement is probably the single most important detail). Have fun, learn what sounds good and what needs improvement, and go from there!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
balajipackersmovers
Recent bookmarks