What's new

just bought a sony digital camera... (1 Viewer)

Patrick_L

Second Unit
it's a DSC-P31 and takes good pics for the price. anyhoo, anybody with other sony digital cameras find an alternative to Sony's own ac adapter? 40 bucks for the damn thing! if anyone's got an alternate i'd love to hear about it.

Jon_Are

Senior HTF Member
Hi Patrick,

I have the DSC-P71, and here's my alternative: three sets of batteries. I haven't really felt the need to buy the AC adapter.

Jon

Patrick_L

Second Unit
well the i've read that uploading to your pc drains them pretty quickly. have you noticed this at all?

Khoa Tran

Supporting Actor
I usually turn off the LCD, that's what really drains the battery....i only turn the LCD on when i look at the pictures taken if they came out right....

Andrew Chong

Supporting Actor
Greetings Patrick,
Be sure to register your camera online at SonyStyle.com (USA). Doing so within 30 days of purchase will give you a 20%-off coupon toward digital imaging accessories bought online.

Recently, I bought a P71 and, since I'm in Canada the deal is different, I registered with SonyStyle.ca and received a $20 coupon toward an accessory purchase with free shipping.

Comparing online prices with brick-and-mortar prices for the same products, I was surprised to find that they were the same. Hence, I used the coupon to buy a starter kit that includes carrying case, extra rechargable battery pack, and faster charger and received delivery within four days.

Scott_lb

Supporting Actor
I've got a digital camera related question: Is the difference between 2 megapixels and 3 (.2?) megapixels enough to warrant the $100.00 difference in price? I've got a friend who's looking into getting one next week and I'm not sure of the answer.

Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks