just bought a sony digital camera...

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Patrick_L, Mar 9, 2003.

1. Patrick_L

Patrick_L Second Unit

it's a DSC-P31 and takes good pics for the price. anyhoo, anybody with other sony digital cameras find an alternative to Sony's own ac adapter? 40 bucks for the damn thing! if anyone's got an alternate i'd love to hear about it.

2. Jon_Are

Jon_Are Cinematographer

Hi Patrick,

I have the DSC-P71, and here's my alternative: three sets of batteries. I haven't really felt the need to buy the AC adapter.

Jon

3. Patrick_L

Patrick_L Second Unit

well the i've read that uploading to your pc drains them pretty quickly. have you noticed this at all?

4. Khoa Tran

Khoa Tran Supporting Actor

I usually turn off the LCD, that's what really drains the battery....i only turn the LCD on when i look at the pictures taken if they came out right....

5. Jon_Are

Jon_Are Cinematographer

6. Andrew Chong

Andrew Chong Supporting Actor

Greetings Patrick,
    Be sure to register your camera online at SonyStyle.com (USA). Doing so within 30 days of purchase will give you a 20%-off coupon toward digital imaging accessories bought online.

Recently, I bought a P71 and, since I'm in Canada the deal is different, I registered with SonyStyle.ca and received a $20 coupon toward an accessory purchase with free shipping.

Comparing online prices with brick-and-mortar prices for the same products, I was surprised to find that they were the same. Hence, I used the coupon to buy a starter kit that includes carrying case, extra rechargable battery pack, and faster charger and received delivery within four days.

7. Scott_lb

Scott_lb Supporting Actor

I've got a digital camera related question: Is the difference between 2 megapixels and 3 (.2?) megapixels enough to warrant the $100.00 difference in price? I've got a friend who's looking into getting one next week and I'm not sure of the answer.

Thanks!