What's new

Just Became Beta Tester (1 Viewer)

Daniel_James

Auditioning
I just got an email today notifying me that I've been chosen for the xbox live beta program. I thought the beta testers have already been chosen? This isn't some kind of marketing scheme is it?

Dean Cooper

Supporting Actor
nope, you're just a lucky bastard that made it in to the second wave of testers. Congrats

Dean

Thom B

Stunt Coordinator
Just out of curiosity, what type of game did you put down as your favorite on the survey? I got the mail today as well, and I put down FPS as my game style of choice. I'm hoping that the reason things were delayed this long is that I'll be getting Unreal as my beta test title, instead of NFL, as I'm not exactly psyched on the whole sports genre.

T

Dave E H

Supporting Actor
UPS says my package should be here today - looking for it anytime now. I have run cat 5 into my living room today - kinda a pain, but absolutely worth it! woo hoo!

Mike_G

Screenwriter
Real Name
Mike
I put down Action, but I got NFL Fever.
Do other people have UC????
Dave, get the Linksys WET11 Wireless bridge if you have a wireless router. I too have my games upstairs but my cable and wireless hub downstairs, so rather than running CAT5, I just put a wireless bridge upstairs and my consoles are happeeee :)
Mike

Dave E H

Supporting Actor
I've got wireless everywhere in my house, but decided to do the cat 5 in the living room, since I'll have 4-5 devices on it (Xbox, PS2, GCN someday, and a slimp3 player) and don't want the latency. Wireless is for my websurfing outside. :)

Dave E H

Supporting Actor
up and running! Running the cable took an hour, but I'm happy with it - 100 mb switched connection in my living room is nice (only 384k up/down though...) Anyway, it's was GREAT! Had a blast playing - can't wait until CS comes out for the xbox!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks