What's new

Just back from Canada. Did I get a good deal on Paradigm? (1 Viewer)

Matt Odegard

Stunt Coordinator
Actually, I'm sure I did. I got up at 5:15 this morning because Dennis was going to be out after 2:00. So I flew their, awesome scenery along the North shore of Lake Superior. If anything I was happy just for the scenery alone. Anyway here's what I purchased:
Studio 40's $979.00
Studio 20's $615.00
Studio CC $479
ADP 170's $479
Omage 23" Stand $100
Omage 42" Stand $138
150' 12g speaker wire FREE
6 Boxes of Ultralink banana connectors $100
Total= $2890 Canadian = $1897 US Dollar!

The nearest place in the US(couple hours away) wanted more than they were charging me in Canadian! He said Paradigm doesn't like it when I do deals. SURE buddy, what ever you say I was thinking as I walked out the door. Plus I bet those stands would be a hell of alot more, and I would have had to buy all that speaker wire also. I think I robbed them! But Dennis is a great guy, I just don't know what to get now! A SVS or a Servo 15. Servo would be around $1400 Canadian, $918 USD. Hmmm, descisions descisions...

James Bergeron

Supporting Actor
Nice, setup, you sure did get a GREAT deal!

How much did it cost to get to Canada etc, you have to factor that into your price.

Matt Odegard

Stunt Coordinator
$35 of gas. Less than a tank and a half! I have a Toyota Celica(4 banger) so I get great gas mileage, plus its a blast to drive on those twisty roads along the North Shore. I filled up when I left and when I arrived I still had more than a quarter tank of gas. Trip was 5.5 hours there, plus like I said. The scenery along the way was beautiful. Well worth the drive in itself. Plus only 2 minutes at the border each way. When coming back one of the customs guys said he was just where I was pricing the Paradigm's, so we BS'd about that for a while. All in all well worth it to me.

Mike OConnell

Second Unit
Real Name
Mike
I think you got such a bad deal that you should send them all to me and try again! :D

This looks like a 7.1 speaker set-up. Which speakers are you using for the rears and which for the surrounds?

Why not get the Studio ADP's instead of the 170's?

In regards to the sub - I think that depends on your point of view. I would get the Servo-15, but I have issues relating to aesthetics that the SVS subs can't comply with.

What are you using for amplification?

Great road trip!

Mike

Matt Odegard

Stunt Coordinator
I am using the 170's for the rear surround and 20's as side. I went with 170's because I don't have enough money at this time for the Studio ADP's and he has a upgrade, so I figured they can wait. I wanted the 20's on the sides for DVD-A, I know its not exatly the best way to do 7.1 but oh well. My room doesn't really allow for 20's on the back wall since my couch is right against it. I have a 45tx running it all and love it so far!

TommyL

Supporting Actor
Matt...congrats! Check your email...a few questions from your "neighbor" from Duluth, MN:) I'd go SVS..I use the 2039pci, and it rocks..service is TOP knotch!! My room is going to grow to twice the size it is now..so I am going to upgrade to a larger SVS ...so the 2039pci is going up for sale soon:) tom

wayne p

Stunt Coordinator
Congrats Matt. I am glad it all worked out well for you.

Go for the Servo 15. Not only will you get the matching sub, you will get another chance to check out the north shore of Lake Superior.

Matt Odegard

Stunt Coordinator
Yeah thanks Wayne, everything worked out great! I was gonna email you but I've been too buisy setting every thing up! I just finished at around 6 o'clock tonight and it sounds great, been tinkering with it all night. I had a friend over to help and I through in Gladiator. Blew him and me away! I owe it all to you Wayne(well Denise to;) thanks a million for setting me up, I owe yah!

Matt

Dave Ma

Stunt Coordinator
Well,
I can drive 45 minutes and get just as good if not better deal then that.Matter of fact I know I can. How did you fit all that stuff in the Toyota?
htf_images_smilies_smiley_jawdrop.gif

Matt Odegard

Stunt Coordinator
Well,
I can drive 45 minutes and get just as good if not better deal then that.Matter of fact I know I can. How did you fit all that stuff in the Toyota?
Well, it wouldn't be a deal for me after the drive to PA for minor savings over the deal I got. Especially if something goes wrong I'm only a road trip away here. What prices did you get on Paradigm?

As far as getting it in the car. Lets just say it was done very carefully. Plus I have fold down rear seats because its a hatchback, so I had room in the pasenger seat yet. But it was pretty tight in the back.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks