What's new

Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom (June 22, 2018) (1 Viewer)

WillG

Senior HTF Member
I don’t think your opinion is that way off and you make valid points but for many of us I think we were able to overlook them and just enjoy the film for what it is. Somewhat Mindless entertainment.

Usually I’m pretty forgiving of these types of movies, but I think this one, for me, was just a perfect storm of crap that bothered me.

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
There are some movies it just doesn’t make sense, to me, to pick them apart. This movie is one of them. There are, however, those of us who when getting in the bread line, ask for toast. ;)

Johnny Angell

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
I noticed a couple of nods to the original. The indo-raptor liked to tape his claws and Masey in the dumbwaiter were clearly nods to the first movie.

They’ve introduced a human clone into the JP universe. I have to think she’s not a one appearance and done character.

Tommy R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tommy
Yeah, I think the little girl clone was actually interestingly applied to the movie, as she was the one who ends up letting the dinos out of the mansion. Claire stopped herself, acknowledging that it's not her place to call the shots and continue In-gen's history of playing god with man-made dinosaurs; but then the little girl, man-made herself, let's them out. Though I agree this movie is mostly a turn-off-your-brain type thing and works great in that capacity, there's some legit thought-provoking angles.

WillG

Senior HTF Member
They’ve introduced a human clone into the JP universe. I have to think she’s not a one appearance and done character.

How much you want to bet in the next movie she’ll be able to “control” the dinosaurs because she’s “one of them”. I’m not even joking, I could totally see it going in that direction.

Johnny Angell

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
How much you want to bet in the next movie she’ll be able to “control” the dinosaurs because she’s “one of them”. I’m not even joking, I could totally see it going in that direction.
Except she's a totally different species. Of course if they used amphibian DNA...;)

Tommy R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tommy
You know, when they were setting up how the Indominus Rex was part-T-Rex/part-classified, I thought just maybe they were going with some Twilight Zone-y twist that it had human qualities in it's DNA, explaining why it killed other dinosaurs for sport. Because, you know, man is evil. lol!

WillG

Senior HTF Member
I don't think it fits into the JP universe, but a human/dino hybrid could make for some creepy sci/fi.

I thought at one point, that was one of the story ideas on the table for one of the sequels (although, obviously they didn’t go for it)

WillG

Senior HTF Member
There are some movies it just doesn’t make sense, to me, to pick them apart.

To me, that’s what JPIII was. Just a lean 90 min Dino romp. No eeevvviillllll corporate guys, no weepy dead dinosaur moments, no sadistic mercinary guys. It’s not a great movie by any means, but for my money that was the “turn off your brain” entry.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
To me, that’s what JPIII was. Just a lean 90 min Dino romp. No eeevvviillllll corporate guys, no weepy dead dinosaur moments, no sadistic mercinary guys. It’s not a great movie by any means, but for my money that was the “turn off your brain” entry.
To me, that's what this film is.....

Jeff Cooper

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Cooper
The T-Rex wrecked havoc in San Diego in JP 2 The Lost World.

But that’s it as far as stateside Dino’s. Now they’re all loose.

Didn't JP3 end with a shot of the Pterodactyls flying free above the ocean? I guess that was dropped, or maybe they didn't have the flight range to get to land?

Atari

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Edward
Finally got around to renting this movie. I'm pre-disposed to like Dinosaur movies but find myself not caring for this remake of Lost World, which I agree with someone up thread is the worst in the franchise. About 2/3 of the way through I finally figured out the difference between good and bad JP movies. When they stay on the island, they are good and upon leaving they go downhill fast. I'm not sure how this bodes for the next one as it looks like they've moved to the mainland permanently.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks