What's new

Jurassic Park - Audio Review (1 Viewer)

Martice

Screenwriter
Well I got my hands on the Jurrasic Park 3 DVD and audio wise it gives a very good performance. All of the sounds are where they need to be and the ambient information is dead on. Vocals seem to be clear with no muddiness and the transfer is as good as the other Jurassic Parks if not slightly less sharp than the original I thought.

I do have to say that my only concern about this DVD is that the bass information is not lacking at all. Infact, I think it's a little over kill to the point where when the 'Spino' is on the scene he doesn't have the distinct footsteps that T-Rex had. Spino just makes the whole room rumble especially when he's chasing the cast outside of the compound. I thought that maybe it could be that my level measuring was off or something but for a quick reference I turned my bass level lower and it still had a rumbling instead of pronounced heavy footsteps.

Comparing the Pod Race in TPM to Jurassic park 3, the bass in TPM is low and tight. Playing Pearl Harbor, Jurassic Park #1, U-571 and the Haunting, I had no muddines in the lower regions but with Jurassic Park 3, it seems like they may have poured on the bass a little too much.

As soon as someone else gets to hear this disk please let us know what you think about the bass on this disk as well as the whole mix.

I'm going back to adjust my levels just to make sure it wasn't my settings although I doubt it is my level settings. If I'm correct, didn't some people feel that the reissued DTS version of Jurassic Park #1 was juiced a little too much?

Let me know.

Charles M

Stunt Coordinator
I am going to pick up JP 1&3 on Tuesdays along with Rush Hour2. I'll be sure to let you know if I notice any difference w/DTS.

Martice

Screenwriter
Arrgh!!!! I just found out that my wife messed around with the settings when she was watching Pearl Harbor!!! I reset my settings and although I didn't have a chance to do any real listening for the second time, I did manage to go to one of the Spino scenes and it immediately sounded better. I guess I will have to wait until tomorrow to give my opinion on the audio.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks