Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
Todd Erwin

Jurassic Park 25th Anniversary Collection UHD Review
jurassic_park_gate-1024x576.jpg

Steven Spielberg and Universal’s highly successful and popular dino franchise, Jurassic Park, roars on to 4K UHD Blu-ray with superb updated transfers and room-rumbling new DTS: X sound mixes sure to please any fan.
[review]

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
Good review Todd, and thorough. Too bad you had to wait more than 3 years for any acknowledgment. It’s too bad only the third movie got a commentary. To be honest, since Spielberg is associated with it, I had assumed there was none.

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
I just thought it was an interesting video pertaining to Jurassic Park and liked the color, and framing differences.
The person who posted the video does not really say where the right side was sourced from, other than "35mm film scan." It looks like a preview print, based on the dirt, color timing (or lack thereof), and lack of any hard matting to remove the boom mikes.

Lord Dalek

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joel Henderson
The person who posted the video does not really say where the right side was sourced from, other than "35mm film scan." It looks like a preview print, based on the dirt, color timing (or lack thereof), and lack of any hard matting to remove the boom mikes.

No I'm pretty sure the boom mics and lighting equipment were visible on the prints themselves, just not when projected. Another case of "open matte is bad mmkay".

What bothers me is Youtube commentators thinking this scan is somehow more accurate to Spielberg's intent than a properly framed one he supervised and approved himself.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks