What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Journeyman - season 1 thread (1 Viewer)

Will_B

Senior HTF Member
Journeyman does as good as Life, doesn't it? And Life just got renewed, so chances are we'll hear Journeyman is renewed by tomorrow.

Mikah Cerucco

Senior HTF Member
Two totally different shows with two totally different cost and resulting ratings (and advertising income) expectations.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
let's hope so.
otherwise i dont curse, but this being cancelled might have me cursing someone out in my head.

these shows should have a full season to play out.

dear networks, don't order anthology shows if you dont really give them a chance.

Doug Wallen

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
Well, I found the conclusion to the two parter to be excellent.

Way to go Jack.

Wonder if the FBI guy knows the professor?

Hate that we have to wait two weeks before the next episode.

Doug

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
A great capper to a great night of television by NBC. I knew the instant the kid in the room was a little boy that it was Aeden. I was hoping Dan would have the magic words that would undo the kid's entire future and make him disappear from Dan's house, but it's more realistic that a single encounter with a strange man wouldn't fix him. I could understand Dan's anger at the kid, but it made me flinch anyway. "You've got the same look on your face that my dad gets when he is going to hit me." Ouch.

Jack's in, and everything changes.

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
Right, things should be much easier in the present time now. I was quite surprised when Livia showed up to convince Jack. I'm glad I didn't see that part of the preview. The FBI agent plot was quite a surprise. I did not suspect that he really was on his own time traveler search agenda, but that makes sense with what he did with the $20 bill last time. He mentioned something in this episode like "they always need old money" and then things started to click in his mind. Just what his agenda was we won't find out, though if the series does continue I suspect we would find more about that one way or another.

Neil

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
This one hurts. I really don't expect anything beyond the last episode they've produced, but it's really turned into something special. It's better than Invasion, and has been from the start, but it's still sort of the same situation. That show got better and better, and people clued into that fact a little too late. Same here, it seems. They're really doing something different here with time travel--something Jack Finneyish--but maybe it's a little too complex for the average viewer. I'm not saying that to be elitist, because that's not my thing. But, even those of us following it closely have become confused at different points here and there. And, as much as I like serial TV, it does bring with it the problem of people not being willing to drop in on the middle of a season. I know I won't.

Will_B

Senior HTF Member
I'd like the show to continue. They're at a good point now where new viewers could easily join in, now that everyone in Dan's family knows he travels in time.

I wouldn't mind if it was on a different night though, because three hours in a row of NBC's best shows (Chuck-Heroes-Journeyman) is a bit much for a non-tivo owner to take in at once.

Walter C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Walter
I just caught up with all the episodes now, and I hope this show sticks around longer. But the ratings don't justify it, and the most of the critics hate it, will likely be added to my list of shows that ended too soon.

I guess there would be one good thing about the strike, is that we get to see all the episodes.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
I hope this show is renewed too for a second year.

I wonder as the WGA strike is still going on, would NBC show repeats after the last new show airs. And if they do, as sometimes happens, more viewers can find it and hopefully raise the ratings. But it seems these days the networks just yank shows and show something else (Maybe Bionic Woman), rather then repeats.

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
Why not show the repeats on Sci Fi channel or USA, which fall under the Universal umbrella?

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
Usually when that happens, it's with a Universal-produced show, so it's pretty easy to cut a deal for USA/Sci-Fi/Bravo/UniHD/whatever to pick the second-run rights up cheap. Journeyman is produced by Twentieth Century Fox, who might want more money or suggest FX as where they should go.

Yee-Ming

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Yee Ming Lim
A great episode IMHO. I too realised the locked-up kid was Aeden, but the resolution was far more interesting that a magic "Dan talks him out of it and it never happened" which was what I was somewhat expecting.

Jack coming round was priceless: the look on his face when he realised Livia was still alive somehow.

The sideplot regarding the FBI agent was really intriguing; from his remarks to Jack it's pretty obvious he has a fair idea of what's going on. Given how tightly this show has been scripted and developed, I am pretty sure the storyline hasn't ended, even though the agent himself won't be involved.

I for one will be really bummed out if the show is cancelled. Yet another great NBC show that doesn't survive (e.g. last season's Studio 60).

Qui-Gon John

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Co
I too have really enjoyed this show and hope it sticks around. It definitely seems like Father Phil FBI was some kind of timecop or something. He said, they always need cash, that's what trips them up.

Another major line, which I think was overlooked, was Livia saying "if you cry about it, then you get stuck here", or something to that effect. I wonder if we will ever find out what got her stuck in her future, with Dan.

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa

Add to that a show from Last year called the Black Donnell's I 've caught a few shows on HDnet and it was pretty decent

Jerome Grate

Senior HTF Member
Okay show for me, a little contradictive in comparison to other shows. You would think he would make a life changing difference in Aeden's life all together when he meets him as a kid. But, the only thing that made a difference was the humanity plea, didn't really work for me. Should have been more I think anyway.

Qui-Gon John

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Co
Good point there, Jerome. I would have thought Dan would have looked past Aeden the adult and wound up saving Aeden the kid. The outcome that he never does the things he did the first time around.

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
Except this week's episode was somehow a "lesson" fromt he powers to be to Dan for going off-track last time. Saving Aeden the kid would have made things go even further off-track. He was just allowed to learn what he needed to know to save the situation in his present.

Neil

Josh Dial

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Dial

Two things:

1)Livia stated a few episodes back that the trips get/got longer and longer.

2)In the past episode, Livia said that she is begining to wonder if the trip where she came into Dan's life wasn't actually a mission. That mission of course was getting Dan and his wife together.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twinkletoes
Recent bookmarks