What's new

Joey ongoing thread (1 Viewer)

Jordan_E

Senior HTF Member
I seem to notice that when David Schwimmer directs, Matt tends to make this Joey a little more like the Friends Joey. Funny episode. Nothing to make me forget Scrubs or Arrested Development, but good for JOEY.

MickeS

Senior HTF Member

She energizes the show every time she shows up.

I also like Lucy Lius character. The knocking thing made le laugh out loud. :)

The main thing lacking IMO is some natural chemistry between all characters (not between the actors). The situations they are in don't seem to come naturally.

/Mike

Jordan_E

Senior HTF Member

I think you nailed it on the head, for me at least! The actors seem to be reciting jokes. There doesn't seem to be a natural flow yet, like they're still trying to "find" their characters. But it's still WAY better than "Who's Your Daddy?" or that sort of crap!

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member
Joey and the Assistant.

Joey: "If I send you to the video store, which Die Hard Movie do you bring back?"
Man: "Uh, the first one?"
Joey: "I'm sorry, all 3."

Joey: "Where are you from?"
Glenn: "Minnesota."
Joey: "Wow, your English is great!"

Joey: "Do you know how much easier it is to act when you know your lines?"

I thought it was an alright episode.

Beau

Supporting Actor
I'm actually starting to think I like this show more than Friends. It has all the sillness in the comedy that I loved in Friends without all the corniness Friends had that I hated.

NickSo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick So
good episode!

"every guy has a disgusting folder in his computer..."
"yeah not mine"
"why dont you check out the folder named 'Joey's tax stuff'"

:laugh:

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member
NBC to stick with Joey despite ratings slide

Its good to see they're not going the route of the reactionary network and just canceling because ratings aren't what they were counting on. Sometimes it takes a show time to find itself, to find an audience or for the audience to find it. Joey was supposed to have an advantage because it was a spinoff of Friends but I think that advantage was compromised by some weak early episodes.

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member
Episode 16: Joey and the Tonight Show

I thought this episode was actually pretty good. Only thing I didn't like was they went back to the Michael/Gina weird relationship well again, breast feeding him until he was 7...cringe!

Otherwise it was a funny episode, Bobbi really is becoming my favorite part of the show.

Although would it kill them if Joey off handedly mentioned calling his friends in New York telling them he was on the tonight show?

Phil_L

Second Unit
This show has shown a marked improvement. Jennifer Coolidge consistently doubles me over.

I think they're smart to put distance between the two shows until Joey is more established.

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
Easily the best episode so far. Lots of laughs.

I too would have liked a mention of the New York friends in this situation.

/Mike

Jeffrey_Scotts

Stunt Coordinator
The two best characters in my opinion that backup Joey are his big female agent and Lucy Liu. I love the episodes with both of them in it. The one with the knocking compulsion was downright scream funny. I haven't laughed so hard with the lines from that episode in years for any sitcom.

I hope they grasp just how important Joey's agent is and Lucy Liu. Her compulsion is what makes her character so darn funny and she pulls it off perfectly. It would be great if Lucy Liu was a regular on the show. While some may think only guest spots would most likely be all that will ever be I wouldn't rule it out (or at least hope so). Just look at 24 and a few others that have gone from the big screen to T.V. shows recently.

TimTV

Grip
I for one cannot stand the agent, Bobbi.

However, I find everyone else on the show very funny.
"Joey and The Tonight Show" was my favorite episode of the series.

StephenA

Screenwriter
I like this show even though I never seen most of the friends episodes. I've seen most of the episodes and only missed a few so far.

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member
Episode 17: Joey and the Valentine's Date

I thought this episode was alright, trying to watch Joey struggle to get out of this situation was a good change. When I read the spoilers, I thought that maybe Joey had some how not known that Feb. 14 was Valentines Day, and it ended up just being one of those things where you lose track of what day it is...definitely more understandable.

I thought Dina Waters did a good job in her role. I especially liked Joey's reaction every time her age went higher and higher.

Not as good as last weeks though IMO.

MattGentry

Second Unit
A less-than-stellar episode, 'though still good.

The best part was when Michael went over to the lonely heart's club of women, and said he was only over there because his uncle had sent him over.

"Ooh, is he coming over?"

"No, it's only me I'm all you get!"

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Alex had some interesting hands-on experience in this episode. :) Bobbie had me rolling about her line on laughter clearing up her hepatitus.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
servergmr
Recent bookmarks