What's new

Jetsons: The Complete 2nd Season? (1 Viewer)

Mark Talmadge

Senior HTF Member
Has anyone, by any chance, heard anything new about Warner Brothers making an announcement concerning this series? It's been almost a year since Season 1 was released and we've seen two Scooby-Doo sets released as well as three Flintstones DVD sets released along with the announcement for the fourth season.

I really wish Warner Bros. would hurry up and give us a release date.

WillG

Senior HTF Member
It's probably on the back burner since most people seem to consider the 80's Jetsons as vastly inferior to the 60's Jetsons, which the first season covered in full. The continued seasons of "The Flinstones" and "Scooby Doo" are still regarded as "Classic"

Not to nitpick, but it's been well over a year since the 1st season was released.

MattHR

Screenwriter
Hi Mark: the moderators, and we members, prefer a (?) after the thread title if you are just inquiring about a particular title's status. Otherwise, it appears to be an announcement. Just a helpful hint!

Andrew Radke

Screenwriter
Real Name
Andrew Radke

I agree. I saw this thread and thought, "Finally." under the assumption that season 2 was announced. Oh well. Hopefully we'll see it soon. Although deemed inferior by some, these are the episodes I grew up watching as a child in the 80's. I say bring them on.

Gord Lacey

Senior HTF Member

And I saw it and said, "What the hell?! I haven't heard a thing about this coming out!"

Gord

Shawn_Sm

Stunt Coordinator
I don't see how anyone could be confused. If I don't see it on TVShowsOnDVD.com first I already know it's just going to be a question about it.

MattHR

Screenwriter

That's funny, since the owner of tvshowsondvd.com himself posted right before you...and it threw him for a loop, too. I love TVSoDVD.com but they're not always first with the scoop. (But they are usually the first with the complete details and artwork.)

Mark Talmadge

Senior HTF Member
:D Sorry guys ... but after seeing that the first season package has "The Complete First Season" imprinted on the cover I was just curious about this and wondered why if HB consideres the consequent seasons all part of the same series.

If they had considered this series apart from the later eighties version, then shouldn't this have been stated on the cover of the DVD box?

But, I have to admit, this did draw some quite humorous thoughts from everyone ... sorry for the mix-up, Gord, and to the rest of you guys ...

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
My sources have said all along that the next round ought to include Josie And The Pussycats. I haven't even heard *rumors* that Warner/HB are going back to do more Jetsons. That doesn't always mean anything...because Matt's right, we hardly get all the scoops out there. But I'm skeptical that Warner/HB will put the "Orbity" episodes of Jetsons too close to the top of their priority list.

There is always a periodic rumor that The Jetsons will come out as a live-action film (I've heard it once every two-year period since the '80s, when Chevy Chase was rumored to have been given the lead role). If that suddenly came down, then I have no doubts that the rest of the episodes would come out as a tie-in event. Short of that, though, I don't know if Warner/HB would put this above titles like Josie, Magilla Gorilla, Speed Buggy, Hong Kong Phooey, Captain Caveman and the Teen Angels, Dynomutt, and maybe even Jabberjaw.

None of those are announcements, by the way, or even rumors (except for Josie). Just my idea of what Warner/HB would want to put out soon. I know that not everyone is going to agree with me, so let's just agree to disagree. But hell, I'd kill for a Hong Kong Phooey and Captain Caveman pair of releases...they would go well together on the same street date! :)

RyanAn

Screenwriter
I saw a big 'ole question mark in the subject title, so I knew it was just a fellow fan who wanted to know as much as I did. So, don't worry Mark.

Ryan

Greg Chenoweth

Supporting Actor
I wasn't confused by the subject title at all. Inquiring minds want to know.

Both "The Jetsons" and "Jonny Quest" box sets were touted as the first season sets. There should be subsequent box sets of both to satisfy not only the 1960's traditionalists (like myself) but the 1980's crowd that grew up with both versions. I will not be purchasing any more Jetsons and Jonny Quest box sets because I own the episodes that I want to own. I didn't like the 80's versions of both series at all. However, from a marketing standpoint, there is an audience for the 80's Jetsons and Jonny Quest shows and Warner Brothers should consider releasing them at some date in the future.

There was one Jetsons episode from the 1980's released on DVD in Warners single TV DVD sets that came out a year ago. There was also an episode of "The Real Adventures of Jonny Quest" put out in this single disc format. I believe the individual episodes are available through Amazon.com.

Randall Cyrenne

Stunt Coordinator

Well, they did the same for Challenge of the Superfriends, and there was actually only one season of that, too. Also, Wacky Races has a "1" on the spine, even though there will never be a "Number 2" release. The moral of the story is that one can't always tell much from a DVD package.

Craig Sherman

Stunt Coordinator
Aww, look, Rhoq made him/her/it change color!

That was sweet of you, Rhoq.

Yes, yes you are.

Carthago Delinda Est,

CS

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member

Yes You are;) . I think I may like Scrappy better and thats not saying much.

I Love 1960's Hanna-Barbera, Like 1970's but hate 1980's Hanna-Barbera.

WillG

Senior HTF Member
Even for Orbity haters, it's not like Orbity was in the show that much. I only remember him popping up for seconds at a time, although I think there was one episode that centered around him.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks