What's new

Jesus de Montreal - Dec. 30? (1 Viewer)

Gary Cliff

Stunt Coordinator
I just happened to notice that Amazon.com has this DVD listed as being available Dec. 30. I've been waiting for this one forever! Amazon doesn't give any specifications; does anyone have any information on this release?

Marc Colella

Senior HTF Member
It has the same ASIN as the one on Amazon.ca - which unfortunately is fullscreen.

I believe the OAR is 1.85:1

Hopefully we won't see the same treatment on Arcand's The Barbarian Invasion.

Martin S

Stunt Coordinator
Don't get your hopes up Ted.
Its a misprint on the packaging...the transfer is fullscreen same as everywhere else. Shame...brilliant movie!!

Simon_Lepine

Supporting Actor
Yes it's a shame that Quebec's best movies are often the victims of poor DVD transfers. I see this DVD in shops all the time here, it's hard for me to resist since it's probably my favorite local movie :thumbsdown: I hope someone will get this right at some point.

Ted Todorov

Senior HTF Member
Don't get your hopes up Ted.
Its a misprint on the packaging...the transfer is fullscreen same as everywhere else. Shame...brilliant movie!!
:angry: :angry: :angry: Bensons World had better be ready to take that misprint back! I don't know how the company that released (arrow films?) can get away with that shit -- many more people in the UK have widescreen TVs... It's bad enough to release a Pan & Scan DVD, but to then lie on the packaging is unforgivable.

Thanks for the heads up...

Ted

Last edited by a moderator:

ChrisBEA

Screenwriter
Got me all excited for nothing....
I had completely forgotten about this movie, Loved it when I saw it back in college.
Now to find out it's not OAR.... :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown:

Gary Cliff

Stunt Coordinator
I just read a customer review of this DVD at Amazon.ca, and apparently it has no English subtitles!

ChrisBEA

Screenwriter
I just read a customer review of this DVD at Amazon.ca, and apparently it has no English subtitles!

That just doesn't make any sense....:angry:

Gary Cliff

Stunt Coordinator
The customer reviewer already had her copy back in Feb. So I'm speculating that there was a "made for Quebec" version released back then, while the one on Dec. 30 is going to be the general release, and the general release will have English subtitles; it seems to me that something like this happened back when Amelie was released.

Martin S

Stunt Coordinator
There's a site ..www.dvd.reviewer.co.uk that carries a very brief review of the UK disc. It definately states that its full screen with burnt in subs. This always put me off buying it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks