What's new

JBL Speaker Package (1 Viewer)

JamieZ

Stunt Coordinator
I am thinking about getting a JBL NSP1 cinema speaker package teamed up with a pioneer vsx-d510 receiver. Would all of this work out and what sub would be good in a price range of about $200-$300.

Thanks

Jamie

Scott Page

Stunt Coordinator
For your sub budget the only sub I would recommend is the Hsu Research VTF-2. Highly recomended. I do not own one, but if I did not build my own sub, I would buy SVS first, and Hsu Research second (SVS is out of your budget by a little bit). Both SVS and Hsu are online only companies with very high reputations.

I don't know anything about the JBL pkgs. But I can tell you that in the sub $1,000 range for speaker pkgs, the Acoustic Research HC2, HC6, and Energy Take 5 are all very highly recommended by many sources as the best sound for the $$.

I would look at those before JBL.

David_Stein

Second Unit
Real Name
David_Stein
understand that i am a complete n00b when it comes to home theatre, but i am getting to the point where i was hearing the limitations in my former minisystem and headphones.

anyways, after researching online and lurking around here for a while i ended up purchasing that jbl speaker package and the jbl PB10 sub (10" 150 watt), and ill have it all hooked up to a onkyo tx-ds575x receiver. the subwoofer will be delivered today and the speakers early next week.

i got them both at J&R's for 430 dollars shipped (230 for the speakers pricematched from buy.com and 200 for the sub, and if you want the 12" 250 watt sub its only 300) and after spending a couple weeks looking around, i dont think you can get a better set of speakers for the money. im a college student on a really tight budget, so i feel like i made out.

when everthing comes in within a week and i have it all set up and can listen to it i can give you my thoughts on the sound.

David_Stein

Second Unit
Real Name
David_Stein
i got everything in by friday and have been listening to it all weekend. i dont have a real large room (a larger sized dorm room) but its handled everything i have thrown at it (rock, triphop, hiphop, dvds, random mp3s, etc) beautifully. once again, i should note that i am just a college student getting into higher quality audio products for the first time, but im really really happy. giddy you could say

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks