What's new

JBL S38 vs. Polk RT55 (1 Viewer)

Mark Russ

Second Unit
JBL S38 vs. Polk RT55 for 2 channel stereo music listening with a NAD integrated amp and CD player.

Any other "bookshelf" speakers out there that should be compared to these two?

Wayne Ernst

Senior HTF Member
How about something by Paradigm - Studio series? Also, I've heard Klipsch bookshelf speakers with NAD gear and liked the sound.

Mark Russ

Second Unit
Wayne, I can't stand the Klipsch sound. I'll admit that they knock you over with their first impression, but are just too hard to live with long term. I used to own them(and still do for that matter, just don't listen to them anymore and need to sell them).

Have never heard the paradigms.

Frank, I have heard the LSis, but didn't like them. They are the antithesis of the Klipsch. Too mellow. I actually like Polk RTi line better. Besides, isn't the LSi 9s WAY more expensive than RT55s or JBL S38s?

Wayne Ernst

Senior HTF Member
Mark,

The Polk RTi6 might be worth looking into then. I'm running a pair of the bigger RTi8s which I've only had for 3 days, now. Paired with a Yamaha receiver, the sounds are great in my listening area.

The JBL S-38s that you hinted to first are worth a serious look, too. They could probably produce more bass than the Polk RTi6, too.

Mark Russ

Second Unit
Wayne I have not yet heard the RTi6, but I'm betting they couldn't possibly compare to the RT55s. Just the fact that the 55s have 2 mid bass drivers to 1 for the 6s will give much better bass response and mid range dynamics to the 55s.

The RT55s and the JBL S38s should both have bass responce dipping into the 40s, which should be sufficient for most music without a sub (This will be for an office rig).

BTW, does anyone know what the difference is exactly between the RT55 and the RT55i? Is anything really different other than just the blue drivers?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks