What's new

JBL "S" series speakers (1 Viewer)

Mark Zimmer

Senior HTF Member
I have the S Center and like it rather well. It has a nice sound and seems to do a fine job of handling dialogue, etc. Audiophiles will surely jeer, but it does the job just fine for me.

Danny Tse

Senior HTF Member
I had the S26 and I think they are great bookshelf speakers. Absolutely one of the best speaker value out there. I never really tested their limits given my listening room is a small den (I was using them as L/R speakers). I don't think people give JBL its dues for designing an inexpensive, yet high quality, series of speakers that are great for both music and HT. Some of these people have their small minds made up before even listened to the JBL's.

James Owen

Auditioning
I have the S312 for L/R, S-Center, S36 for surrounds and PB12 for sub. They sound great. I highly recommend them.

James Owen

Auditioning
I have the S312 for L/R, S-Center, S36 for surrounds and PB12 for sub. They sound great. I highly recommend them.

James Owen

Auditioning

Kyle P

Grip
I have the s center s-310s and pb12 in front. I was amazed at how well they image. They also are very efficient. I would highly recommend them.

Bert D

Stunt Coordinator
I have the S center, S310's, and S38's, very nice "rock" speakers for lack of a better term. The s38's are almost overkill for the rear, you could go with 36's or even 26's for rear.

There was a write up in one of the audio mags on the 38's and they raved about them, very accurate, and play very loud. You could use S38's fronts, S26's rears, wait for the center till you have more $$ and get a SVS 25-31 sub for a killer (about) $1100 speaker system. ( If you don't have a sub yet) I would buy what I have now over again, but if you have a tight budget, I/d do the above.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks