jbl pb-10 crossover frequency..no boom

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Sergio Stephano, Feb 13, 2002.

1. Sergio Stephano

hello all i have a jbl pb-10 subwoofer an onkyo 595 receiver and jbl nsp1's. I just dont feel the boom of the sub...the room doesn't seem to be shaking. I have a 12x12 room and set up the speakers with an spl meter and avia disc..but i can't figure out how to do the sub..what should my crossover be for this setup? Also my front speakers on the onkyo are always set to large...even though i have configured a sub to be set up...I feel the sub if i get close i can feel the vibrations but i just dont feel enough boom on the sofa or the listening sweet spot...

PLeaes help and thank you

2. Vin

Vin Supporting Actor

Sergio, set all speakers to small and set the crossover on the sub to it's highest setting, essentialy disabling it. You might also want to calibrate your sub a couple of db higher than your main channels. Corner loading the sub will also help increase output.

Hope this helps,

Vin

3. Joe Greca

Joe Greca Stunt Coordinator

When watching movies with the PB10, turn the crossover off by using the switch on the back (Set it to LFE instead of Normal). I'm using the same sub in a similar sized room and I found putting the sub in a rear corner helped a lot.