What's new

jbl pb-10 crossover frequency..no boom (1 Viewer)

hello all i have a jbl pb-10 subwoofer an onkyo 595 receiver and jbl nsp1's. I just dont feel the boom of the sub...the room doesn't seem to be shaking. I have a 12x12 room and set up the speakers with an spl meter and avia disc..but i can't figure out how to do the sub..what should my crossover be for this setup? Also my front speakers on the onkyo are always set to large...even though i have configured a sub to be set up...I feel the sub if i get close i can feel the vibrations but i just dont feel enough boom on the sofa or the listening sweet spot...

PLeaes help and thank you

Vin

Supporting Actor
Sergio, set all speakers to small and set the crossover on the sub to it's highest setting, essentialy disabling it. You might also want to calibrate your sub a couple of db higher than your main channels. Corner loading the sub will also help increase output.

Hope this helps,

Vin

Joe Greca

Stunt Coordinator
When watching movies with the PB10, turn the crossover off by using the switch on the back (Set it to LFE instead of Normal). I'm using the same sub in a similar sized room and I found putting the sub in a rear corner helped a lot.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks