What's new

JBL NSP-1 package for $250 shipped at buy.com! (1 Viewer)

Jason Hammerly

Supporting Actor
that's a bummer. I called them up the day that I saw that Buy.com went down to $229.95 and they said they'd adjust it doen another $20. We'll see if I get the credit. :frowning:

Scott Yuri

Stunt Coordinator
So no one's actually received their speakers from buy.com. I'll keep you guys posted. I'm about a day away from calling J&R. The receiver and sub will be here before the speakers, both of which were ordered from J&R after I ordered the speakers. And Scott I got the PB10 to go along with this setup, but only because of space limitations. I would have gone to a 12" otherwise. Hope that helps.

Scott Graham

Agent
Scott,

I'm pretty limited on space as well, but my main concern was do I really need a 12" sub to go along with the speakers? I'm trying to decide between the 10 and 12 and I'll probably end up going with the 10. Any specific reason you were going to go with the 12?

Scott Yuri

Stunt Coordinator
The 12 almost always out performs a 10 when it comes to subs. Just a preference. But for this system and where it is in the house I pretty much flat don't need 12 performance. I just wanted it. The 10 I'm sure will do a fine job for both of us. It just depends on a lot of things room size, listening volumes, sub position, budget ... you get my drift.

Jason Hammerly

Supporting Actor
if you can DIY, you can get a much better performing sub for a little bit more money. I'm going to do a saeled Tempest with a plate amp and figure it will cost me about $350 when I'm all done. Just a thought.

Scott L

Senior HTF Member
www.jandr.com would also not price match for me. He offered $249 shipped as well. I'm gonna call etronics and see what they say.
edit- Lol! I got in contact with a sales rep and asked about the JBL NSP-1. When I mentioned price matching he changed his tone and said "No" twice in a robotic voice. I guess they're used to that question. :laugh:

I have a quick question about these speakers - I'm pretty set on getting a Denon AVR-3802 receiver. Would these speakers not be a good fit for that receiver? I'm always one to jump on a deal ;), but if these won't be enough speaker for the rest of my system, I'll keep looking.
Thanks,
Mark

Phil Florian

Screenwriter
I saw these and will be making them my "happy new home" present to myself (and my family, of course! ;) ). I will be sub-less for a while, though. I was wondering, should I keep my two Cerwin-Vega RE20's in the front until I can afford a sub? They have a nice, rich, and deep tone that I am worried I would miss with the smaller speakers. Or will I? Will it be THAT noticable or should I just set up the new speakers and be done with it?
Thanks!
Phil

Brent Hatfield

Auditioning
Mark,

I think these speakers would be a better match for a Denon 1802 or 2802. You don't need nearly that much receiver for those speakers.

I'd recommend looking at some nicer speakers.

ReggieW

Screenwriter
I agree with Brent Mark. If you are going with a Denon 3802, you would do better picking up a pair of Paradigms, M&K's, or maybe even taking a look at the Boston Acoustics VRM series. I've heard these, and was quite impressed with the VRM-60's. I speak as the owner of the JBL NSP-1 package for my Denon 1802. If I had selected a 3802 instead of my 1802, I would've at least gone with the JBL S312's ($540.00 a pair) for my fronts and S38's ($300.00) for the surrounds,and an S center ($170.00) with a PB-12 subwoofer ($300.00). Heck, I would even consider an entry level SVS for this arrangement, finances willing. The NSP-1's are OUTSTANDING for receivers in the $500.00 class (Onkyo 595, Denon 1802, HK 220, Kenwood 510, etc;), but you should look to something better and more powerful to compliment a unit like the 3802 imho.
Reg

Scott L

Senior HTF Member
I guess BBB, bizrate.com pricegrabber.com and other ebiz review sites. I don't think complaining to buy.com directly will let them get their shipment in faster. And I don't think they'll be changing it to Out Of Stock, that would lower sales. :rolleyes: It's a pity sites like this work this way.
My plan is to wait it out until I see them offered for the same price at jandr. I'll immediately cancel my order with buy.com then.

derek

Second Unit
I posted this in 'coupons and bargains'on feb 11th:

buy.com just got back to me. The nsp1 set is backorded. They are not expecting to ship for 1-2 weeks. *SIGHS* What bugs me is that their website STILL says they have them in stock (ships 24-48 hrs.) They say they update the site every 24 hrs...well they still haven't updated it for over a week. Misinformative at best and misleading at worst.

Scott Yuri

Stunt Coordinator
What kills me is the fact that I ordered these at the $250 shipped price and then they lowered the price and I'm still at "sent to warehouse" If they're out of stock at $250, why in the world do you lower the price on item you're sold out of???

Scott L

Senior HTF Member
Well I recalled jandr.com at the advice of Kyle S and they price-matched it this time! $229.95 with free shipping!! Just call back and ask a different salesperson to price-match, hopefully you'll get lucky.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks