JBL NSP-1 package for $250 shipped at buy.com!

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Jason Hammerly, Feb 3, 2002.

1. Jason Hammerly

Jason Hammerly Supporting Actor

This is a duplicate thread, so please remove if you feel it's neccessary mods. Just wanted to post it here as well in case others don't see it in the speakers postings. Hope this helps someone that's sitting on the fence thinking about getting this setup. Great price from an authorized dealer, and I wanted to share what I found with you guys since you've all been such a great help to me. Later all. [​IMG]

2. derek

derek Second Unit

I'm just the person you were looking for. Was looking closely at this system for my brother and I jumped on the offer. Thanks again!

3. Jason Hammerly

You bet. Glad it helped someone. [​IMG]

4. RichardH

RichardH Supporting Actor

I just told a buddy of mine who was looking at this system. This may just put him over the edge....

Thanks for posting!

5. Jason Hammerly

It pretty much did for me. I was looking very hard at the acoustic research hi-res series at etronics, but jumped on this deal after hearing them at Best Buy and seeing all the nice comments on them. I figure if they sound good at Best buy, they'll sound great once they are at home and setup correctly. Anyway, sorry for the rambling, I'm just excited to get them on the way. Just wish my basement was closer to being done. [​IMG]

6. John Garcia

John Garcia Executive Producer

John
    I just picked up my shielded Paradigm Titan V2s for $189...

7. Phil Iturralde

Phil Iturralde Screenwriter

Congrat's Jason Hammerly / excellent price (nearly matches my April 2000 $223.87 (including 3-day FedEX price)! Once you REF Calibrated (do recommend a powered-sub to bring out the full glory of 5.1-channel sound) the HT Setup, . . .you'll love the articulate, focused, well balanced, rich and clear sound! JBL's close attention to driver matching yields a seamless transition from speaker to speaker, creating a wonderfully complete sonic environment.
    FYI: For those wondering, the $250 (MSRP $549) JBL NSP1's HT Set includes
    QTY: 4 - JBL N24 (Shielded)
    QTY: 1 - JBL N-Center (Shielded)
    [​IMG]
    including four Omni-mount wall mounting hardware & tools.
    [​IMG]
    Phil

8. Ed_A

Ed_A Stunt Coordinator

John,

Where did you get the Titans from? That's a pretty good price.

I'm looking at Titans or Atoms for surrounds, and it looks like you picked up the Titans for what I was quoted on the Atoms at Bay Area Audio.

Thanks,

Ed

9. John Garcia

John
    I know, it had nothing to do with the thread, but had to get that in. $250 IS a good price for the NSP-1. For that price, I would have definitely gone for the NSP-1!! (hmmm....maybe I still will)
    Ed-
    Bay Area is where I got them. [​IMG] Call and ask them what they can do for you!! They are cutting some better deals since x-mas. (don't mention the price they gave me unless they won't give you a deal). I have bought a lot of stuff from them over the last year also, so that may factor into my price. (Only problem is, they didn't have them in stock, and I am still waiting for them)

10. John Garcia

John
    I just got my Titans in. They turned out to be V3s! I cannot distinguish them from my V2s. They sound a tiny bit different, but we'll see after they are broken in. (starting the break in with Dave Mathews Band - Crash [​IMG] )

11. Phil Iturralde

FYI: Price update: $229.95 for the JBL NSP1's
    [​IMG]
    w/FREE Shipping @ Buy.com
    Phil

12. Jack Gilvey

Jack Gilvey Producer

That's quite a deal on that set. I suppose it's in reaction to the new ii models coming out, but they don't seem different enough to pass that up.

I continue to be impressed with mine after a year, and I just added a new sub which takes it to new heights!

Funny thing, I was trying to measure max SPL with that scene in "The Haunting" DTS when she gets knocked from the bed (ch 17?), and had it on A-B repeat. Even though they're set to "small", I could feel the wind from the ports on the N24 from about 2 ft away at 10dB below reference. No sign of distress from the little guys, though, very rugged.

13. John ODonnell

I currently have Infinity Minuette L-MPS (the taller ones) and the matching BU2 sub. I recently bought a new Denon AVR-4802 receiver. Would I hear a considerable difference if I made the move to these speakers (with a decent sub of course)?

I was looking at getting a higher grade of HT speakers ($2000 price range) but people seem to rave about these speakers for this price. Where do they place in the HT speaker food chain?

Thanks,

John

14. Phil Iturralde

15. Jon_R

Jon_R Stunt Coordinator

Phil I don't really follow you around.
    But boy are are shovelling it thick there.

16. Phil Iturralde

17. Scott Yuri

Scott Yuri Stunt Coordinator

Has anybody actually gotten these speakers from buy.com? I ordered mine a week ago and they still haven't even shipped. Just curious.

18. Jason Hammerly

I ditched the buy.com idea and pricematched to jandr. Already have the speakers. Especially since it says limited quantinites on buy.com.

19. Scott Graham

Scott Graham Agent

I just ordered my set. Anyone have a good recomendation for a Sub to go along with these? I was thinking of the PB10.

20. Jeff Massey

Jeff Massey Agent

Hello everyone,

I tried to order through J&R and they would not match the price. THey would only do $249 with shipping. He said it was below there cost at $229.

Jeff