JBL Northridge Series

Discussion in 'Speakers' started by John Mil, Jun 24, 2006.

1. John Mil

John Mil Agent

I just heard that JBL has discontinued their Northridge E-series of speakers. Anyone have any guesses as to why? I am looking for 2 good floor standing speakers for a 2 channel set up and was considering the E-90 or E-100 (10 inch woofers) speakers. Anyone have any feedback on these? They still have them for sale at Jr.com

Thanks in advance

John

2. gene c

gene c Producer

Gene
    Maybe their new Stadium series is a replacement for the Northridge. I've never owned the Northridge but if I remember correctly, the opinions I've seen were a bit mixed. Most think they are a good value with decent performance but I remember a couple of posters thought they weren't very good. But those who actually own them seemed to be very happy with them. Anyway, I think they made a ton of them so there should be a good supply for a while.

3. EvanW

EvanW Stunt Coordinator

I have an opinion, it seems to me that JBL is going back to more hi fidelity they have been more consumer based in the past few years, but i dont think ull see them at bestbuy anymore, the car audio, its basically non existant online, and anything other than left over Northridge wont be found online. I went to tweeter recently and i was astonashed to see solid cherry wood cabinets and a 2000$ price tag on JBL speakers, like the older models, they have come back, and they have some nice speakers again. However i dunno if ill ever be able to afford them again....