What's new

Jar-Jar Bests Chewbacca (1 Viewer)

David Von Pein

Senior HTF Member
As much as everyone seemed to hate the Jar-Jar Binks character in Star Wars, J-J is currently beating Chewy in an AOL poll. Surprised? .......
AOL asks:
Overall, which makes the better sidekick? .....
Jar Jar ...... 15,495 votes (55%)
Chewy ...... 12,393 votes (44%)
Do you agree?
(I'd "Let the wookiee win.") :)

Brett Hancock

Supporting Actor
True. Take out the thousands of people under 12 and I think that poll would like mighty different. Either way Chewbacca all the way.

Rob Lutter

Senior HTF Member
No offense to any Jar Jar fans... but Chewbacca would rip Jar Jar's fucking arms off if he ever met him ;)

Richard Kim

Senior HTF Member
Take out the thousands of people under 12 and I think that poll would like mighty different
So the opinions of those under 12 don't matter?

This shows how the kids of today are embracing the PT, just as those in the 70s and 80s embraced the OT. Although grownups don't like Jar-Jar, the kids seem to like him just fine.

James Bergeron

Supporting Actor
Do people under 12 even remember Chewy? I mean really, they MAY have seen the "first" three star wars films but I somehow doubt many have.

Brett Hancock

Supporting Actor
I wasn't saying that kids under 12 don't matter. I was simply saying that alot of kids use aol, people who are more into the home theater and movie hobby tend to use other forms of internet then aol. The very young fans have more then likely seen episode 1 more then they have the other 4 movies so they would appeal to jar jar movie. I'm sure I have just managed to make no point, o well. Chewbacca still rocks.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks