What's new

JAPANESE release exclusives...sigh... (1 Viewer)

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
MGM doens't own the rights to Army of Darkness in the US, therefore they can't release it here so it doesn't count

Steve_Ch

Supporting Actor
I have not seen any Canadian members' input on this, but Region 1 is supposed to be US and Canada. Isn't it "required" to have French for the Canadian market? IOW, at least for French sound track, it isn't a matter of just a policy of the company, there is a bilingual "requirement". This is a question, not a statement, as I don't know for sure.

JohnAD

Senior HTF Member
Steve:

Yes, I think it is. But also remember that there are often different releases for the US and Canada, e.g. Brotherhood of the Wolf and Gingersnaps.

John.

RexW

Stunt Coordinator
Just preordered mine last weekend.
Looking forward to all the extras and of course listening in glorious DTS.

Matt Horne

Grip
Maybe cdjapan have sold there allocation and can get no more? Its still listed on hmv.co.jp. I have placed my order and have not had any mails saying it had been removed from sale ?

I guess it was a bit popular ?

Matt

Matt Horne

Grip
Heres a entry from cdjapan's help system :

Can I order an Out of Print item?

No. An Out of Print item is completely sold out, and the manufacturers have no plan to press additional copies. Unless it is re-issued, it will not become obtainable again.

How can I obtain initial limited editions?

he best way to increase your chance is to order the item from our pre-order selections. Even then, some popular items become sold out even before the release date. After initial press editions are sold out, only regular editions can be provided. If you only wish to have initial press version, please state explicitly to cancel the item from your order if only regular press is available.

So I guess its very popular..fingers crossed :)

Matt

Mark_Wilson

Screenwriter
Maybe CDJapan only buys so many copies. I noticed today that Ally McBeal S3 Volume 2 is OOP, of all the seasons, but is available from HMV and Amazon. Even Fox's Japan web site so it as in print.

Where else can i order Ronin from that delivers to the U.K?
My japanese is non existant, does Amazon or HMV deliver to the U.K?

Thanks.

Steve.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks