What's new

James Taylor Fans Help Me Please (1 Viewer)

Dan Joy

Supporting Actor
I tremendously enjoy both "JT" and "Hourglass" SACD's. That said, for those of you that have "October Road"(redbook),do you suggest that I Wait until "October Road" is released on SACD(12-17-02?)? I know you cannot predict how it will sound, but how is "October Road"? Similar style to "Hourglass"? I just don't want to go out and get the redbook if the SACD is right around the corner!
Thank you!

Lee Scoggins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lee
I would wait.
Sony's pop SACDs have generally been excellent and the recent release JT is often a demo disc for my system.
I have held off as well and will show up at Tower on the 17th for the Super Audio version.
One minor suggestion is to see if it is a hybrid or not on the online retailers. And then decide if that is important to you or not. Many here like hybrids so we can toss em in the car.
:)

Dan Joy

Supporting Actor
Lee,
I hate to say it, but hybrid or not I will probably get this disc. If it's not hybrid, then after I hear the sacd and if I like it, I will then cruise the used cd racks where I have already seen it for 7.99.
Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks