What's new

James Bond BD Box Set on sale for $111.74 at Deep Discount! (1 Viewer)

SD_Brian

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brian
Great deal on Bond, makes me wish I hadn't already bought it!
Also lots of great stuff from Kino on sale as part of their 25MORE promotion. I ordered Fear and Desire ($18.02!) and a few others from my wish list. :)

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
The 25% off is not valid on that set (maybe it was when you posted?). Entering the code doesn't affect the $148.99 price (which, FWIW, is still $30 cheaper than Amazon).
I poked around and was not impressed, even with most of the sale prices. Man, I used to spend SO MUCH money there. Haven't ordered from them in years now.

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
Aaron - The 25% off coupon worked just fine for me when I ordered the Bond 50 set last night. $111 and some change shipped. DD must have changed the terms since then.

dpippel

Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
Looks like I spoke too soon. And I wonder why I never buy anything from Deep Discount anymore. It's because they suck:
--------------------
Dear Valued Customer,
Thank you for your recent order. Unfortunately, the items listed below are out of stock and are not available at this time. We apologize for your disappointment. Since this item(s) was canceled from your order, your credit card was not charged for it.
We encourage you to consider another item from our product selection and to shop with us again. If you have any questions about your order, please send an e-mail to our customer service department at: [email protected]

dpippel

Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
Oh come on Gregg, DD has a pretty poor customer service track record that is well deserved. And I wasn't complaining about the price. I was complaining about DD lying about why the order was cancelled. It wasn't because Bond 50 was out of stock, it was because they made a mistake on their website and allowed the 25% off coupon to be applied to the item. That I can accept. What I can't accept is deception.

Gregg Loewen

Founder, Professional Video Alliance
Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gregg Loewen
yeah, I do hear you on that.
Not sure how they could have said it though ? (and retract the offer).
Kind of reminds me of a certain adult store that was offering HD DVD players at half off (until they figured it out). Not sure what excuse they used to cancel the orders.
I guess my point is to never expect any purchase to go through that is "too good to be true / below usual dealer cost pricing".
I got the Bond 50 set at Amazon at the $149 deal that came with the book. It is flpn cool and well worth the purchase price (though I have now had to double dip up to 6? times for some of these titles).

dpippel

Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
They could have simply told the truth and said that they'd made a mistake. That the 25% discount does not apply to the Bond 50 set, then given me a link to re-order at the going price. As it stands they completely lost a sale. Oh well, onward and upward. Glad you're enjoying the set.

dpippel

Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
Yesterday I received a second email from DD stating that my order for the Bond 50 Blu-ray set had been cancelled because "the item has been discontinued and is no longer available from the manufacturer." Really? They might want to pass that information along to Amazon, Barnes & Noble, Best Buy, etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
foster2292
Recent bookmarks