What's new

James Bond 007 soundtracks - Golden Gun, Spy, Moonraker, View To a Kill & Octopussy (1 Viewer)

Worth

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick Dobbs
I’m not familiar with the term JBC cover art, i agree that the cover artwork that uses the theatrical posters are superior. This artwork I’m posting looks generic and almost like a bootleg.
It was one of the VHS covers.
s-l1200.jpg

Tom St Jones

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Thomas
There has yet to be a DVD, Blu ray or UHD release that uses the original poster artwork as cover art (at least in North America). In fact, the last time such artwork was used for any home video release of the Bond films -- not counting P. Brosnan and D. Craig films -- was over *30* years ago. One hopes, assuming there is atleast one more reissue of the classic films on home media (for 4k), that this will finally be rectified..

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
There has yet to be a DVD, Blu ray or UHD release that uses the original poster artwork as cover art (at least in North America). In fact, the last time such artwork was used for any home video release of the Bond films -- not counting P. Brosnan and D. Craig films -- was over *30* years ago. One hopes, assuming there is atleast one more reissue of the classic films on home media (for 4k), that this will finally be rectified..
I think it has a lot to do with marketing and using more simplified images. They also try to make the covers uniform in appearance too.

Many years ago I know there was a nice set of dvd covers that someone designed using all the original posters. I downloaded them but never printed them.

I’m sure there are some out there for Blu-ray and Daniel Bond 4K discs.

Neil S. Bulk

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil S. Bulk
From MV Gerhard of La-La Land Records:

If anyone ever asks why don't you labels let us customers know what you have coming out in advance you can forever point to Octopussy and the debacle we are currently in.

When both projects were finally approved for manufacturing last Fall we thought hey, wouldn't it be cool to do a special Xmas announcement AFTER the Black Friday madness on 2 titles that will be in stock and ready to ship first part of January? What we didn't expect is that in the one week between LALD being approved and Octopussy UMG changed their internal process for manufacturing for 3rd parties like us. The holidays hit, people were on vacation, so when they got back and started catching up on things it was discovered that Octopussy was never put through their internal process. Literally a jaw dropping wtf moment for us. So here we are Feb 3 still waiting on the final product to be delivered. To expedite matters we have asked umg to deliver the cds on spindles and get them to us asap so we can personally drive them down to our manufacture and have them packed up, and given back to us to start sending out.

If UMG kept to their word, the spindles shipped out on Friday and we should have them some time this week. If all goes well we will have final product shortly before Valentine's Day. We will START shipping out then. We will be the only place on the planet that will have this product. All other vendors will have to wait until the 2nd and 3rd batches come in which will most likely be late March

In the meantime, those Scarface LPs should be arriving in late February so we will be sending those out then.

TREK TOS VOL 4 arrives mid February

We had to delay some projects now because of this debacle and hope to be back on track with everything in MARCH

Fingers cross Bond makes his way to us shortly

MV

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
From MV Gerhard of La-La Land Records:

If anyone ever asks why don't you labels let us customers know what you have coming out in advance you can forever point to Octopussy and the debacle we are currently in.

When both projects were finally approved for manufacturing last Fall we thought hey, wouldn't it be cool to do a special Xmas announcement AFTER the Black Friday madness on 2 titles that will be in stock and ready to ship first part of January? What we didn't expect is that in the one week between LALD being approved and Octopussy UMG changed their internal process for manufacturing for 3rd parties like us. The holidays hit, people were on vacation, so when they got back and started catching up on things it was discovered that Octopussy was never put through their internal process. Literally a jaw dropping wtf moment for us. So here we are Feb 3 still waiting on the final product to be delivered. To expedite matters we have asked umg to deliver the cds on spindles and get them to us asap so we can personally drive them down to our manufacture and have them packed up, and given back to us to start sending out.

If UMG kept to their word, the spindles shipped out on Friday and we should have them some time this week. If all goes well we will have final product shortly before Valentine's Day. We will START shipping out then. We will be the only place on the planet that will have this product. All other vendors will have to wait until the 2nd and 3rd batches come in which will most likely be late March

In the meantime, those Scarface LPs should be arriving in late February so we will be sending those out then.

TREK TOS VOL 4 arrives mid February

We had to delay some projects now because of this debacle and hope to be back on track with everything in MARCH

Fingers cross Bond makes his way to us shortly

MV
Thanks Neil for the update. We’ve waited this long a few more weeks will be fine.
I cannot wait for these releases!

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
Read through the octopussy booklet. I enjoyed reading it through. I don’t realize the 45 single of All Time High had an instrumental version! Glad to have this in the set. I will be listening to this album over the next few days for sure!

Was there anything interesting that happened with the mastering for this new release? As I recall the tapes were “missing” for years? Glad they were found for this release!

Neil S. Bulk

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil S. Bulk
I discuss these releases and others with Brian McVickar on the latest episode of "A Score to Settle."

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
I have not received an email yet, unless I missed it amongst all the junk email. Hope it and the CDs arrives soon!

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Neil, I like that collection of books in your photo. And I’d never seen a CD player before that shows the album title or track names. I didn’t mean to snoop, i was very curious of that player and found it’s a Pioneer from the year 2000 or so.

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
Listened to most of disc 1 last night. I would have finished it but it was a bit late. I also don’t mind not rushing through the album either.

I also started the podcast and it’s great to hear about the other CDs that Neil worked on last year.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks