What's new

James Bond 007 soundtracks - Golden Gun, Spy, Moonraker, View To a Kill & Octopussy (2 Viewers)

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Guys, La La Land sent out an email about new releases as well as urging us to pre-order Live and Let Die and Octopussy as pre-orders are going fast. I don’t usually pre-order on the chance of problems with the release, like The Sound Of Music is experiencing now. But La La Land has been doing ok, so I pre-ordered today, just in case the first batches of these CDs are sold-out. :)

This had me checking my collection and thinking, I need to create a spreadsheet with all the titles I have and which label released them.

I bring this up because I was thinking, La La Land could soon be inching up on more titles from the James Bond series. If I am not mistaken, the following titles have been released from La La Land:

1. Die Another Day- 2 CD set, November 2017
2. The World is Not Enough- 2 CD set, November 2018 - Sold Out
3. Tomorrow Never Dies- 2 CD set, November 2022

Imminent releases:
4. Live and Let Dies- 2 CD set, January 2024
5. Octopussy- 2 CD set, January 2024

I think these next two titles will make it 5 titles. That’s 20 more to go.

I was listening to the 2003 remaster of Octopussy from Capitol as I’m looking forward to the new release. It made me think it would be cool if a future La La Land release would include The Living Daylights. John Barry’s scores of this period have a similar vocabulary of arrangements and tonal qualities. The Living Daylights incrementally moves ahead of Octopussy as he builds upon his scoring skills and themes. That is a very romantic score.

Would be great to see another Bond release this November from La La Land if the past release history holds. Would love to see the completion of the Brosnan era with Goldeneye even if it’s not the most popular and perhaps another John Barry title as mentioned above. Hope you get to do it Neil. :).

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
Guys, La La Land sent out an email about new releases as well as urging us to pre-order Live and Let Die and Octopussy as pre-orders are going fast. I don’t usually pre-order on the chance of problems with the release, like The Sound Of Music is experiencing now. But La La Land has been doing ok, so I pre-ordered today, just in case the first batches of these CDs are sold-out. :)

This had me checking my collection and thinking, I need to create a spreadsheet with all the titles I have and which label released them.

I bring this up because I was thinking, La La Land could soon be inching up on more titles from the James Bond series. If I am not mistaken, the following titles have been released from La La Land:

Imminent releases:

I was listening to the 2003 remaster of Octopussy from Capitol as I’m looking forward to the new release. It made me think it would be cool if a future La La Land release would include The Living Daylights. John Barry’s scores of this period have a similar vocabulary of arrangements and tonal qualities. The Living Daylights incrementally moves ahead of Octopussy as he builds upon his scoring skills and themes. That is a very romantic score.

Would be great to see another Bond release this November from La La Land if the past release history holds. Would love to see the completion of the Brosnan era with Goldeneye even if it’s not the most popular and perhaps another John Barry title as mentioned above. Hope you get to do it Neil. :).
There is several big 007 anniversaries coming up this year too.

RICK BOND

Screenwriter
Real Name
RICK

Imminent releases:

I hope Moonraker gets a 45th Anniversary CD release this year. :)

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
A few weeks ago I read online that John Williams from James Bond Radio was starting a new Bond music podcast. It was to be starting soon. I’ve tried to find the original post but I was unable to.

Does anyone know the name of the new podcast and when it is starting?

Thanks!

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Anyone get the email from La La Land Records that Live and Let Die is on schedule to ship on the 16th, but Octopussy is delayed until January 30th due to an issue at the replication plant. So if you ordered both, they won’t be shipped until Octopussy is available. And if it’s ready sooner, it will ship sooner. If you ordered LALD only, that will ship on time.

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
Anyone get the email from La La Land Records that Live and Let Die is on schedule to ship on the 16th, but Octopussy is delayed until January 30th due to an issue at the replication plant. So if you ordered both, they won’t be shipped until Octopussy is available. And if it’s ready sooner, it will ship sooner. If you ordered LALD only, that will ship on time.

Saw this as well. It will be worth the wait!

Looking forward to it!

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Ah. Ok, I’ve seen that cover before, but wasn’t aware of its contents other than it preceded the expanded releases. Thanks.

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
Ah. Ok, I’ve seen that cover before, but wasn’t aware of its contents other than it preceded the expanded releases. Thanks.
Here is the Daylights one:

And For Your Eyes Only

Ironically, my copy of For Your Eyes Only was stolen from my mailbox when delivered. Amazon replaced it and all was well. Oh Y2K!!

Here’s an old review of the first few Octopussy releases on cd:

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
I’ve always enjoy these sets too. I haven’t listened to them in quite some time and I will pull them out this weekend:

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
Hopefully shipping today??

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
Hopefully shipping today??
Or soon in February. I noted that shipping in February is noted on the site and that these 2 titles are temporarily out of stock. Hope they are able to ship soon!

Finally got around to Bond Back in Action volume 1. It’s a good collection!

Tom St Jones

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Thomas
Assuming you refer to the "Octopussy" Rykodisc cover, that is the same artwork which adorned the 1996 "James Bond Collection" VHS and laserdisc editions of the films (which would be the final editions of the Bond series for both formats).. MGM/UA later adapted the "JBC" cover art designs for DVD release, but for some reason changed the artwork for this title as well as "The Man With The Golden Gun".. I personally found the replacement artwrk superior.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Assuming you refer to the "Octopussy" Rykodisc cover, that is the same artwork which adorned the 1996 "James Bond Collection" VHS and laserdisc editions of the films (which would be the final editions of the Bond series for both formats).. MGM/UA later adapted the "JBC" cover art designs for DVD release, but for some reason changed the artwork for this title as well as "The Man With The Golden Gun".. I personally found the replacement artwrk superior.
I’m not familiar with the term JBC cover art, i agree that the cover artwork that uses the theatrical posters are superior. This artwork I’m posting looks generic and almost like a bootleg.
IMG_2077.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks