What's new

Jack Reacher: Never Go Back (2016) (1 Viewer)

George_W_K

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
George
One week to go and reviews aren't released yet? What's the typical time frame for when a review embargo is lifted?

John Sparks

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Sparks
I remember when I was a Fire Safety Office on the film "The One" with Jet Li. On the first day of filming one of the effects guys said to me, "They wanted a 6'5" guy for the lead but settled for a 5'6" instead...just like the Jack Reacher movies!

Lee Child, the author is 6'4" and looks like the character he writes about. In the first movie, it was hard to visualize Cruise in the part.

Last edited:

John Sparks

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Sparks
Why should anyone care how tall Tom Cruise is? Some of the comments in this thread illustrate why some short people are sensitive about it.

I used to be 5'11" now I'm 5'9". So all you guys commenting about height, beware, you may have shortness in your future. ;);)

Damn, 3 more years and I'm in store for that??? :dance: Gotta start using those inversion boots to stretch the old spine!

Mark Booth

Senior HTF Member
Not doing well out of the chute on RT. But, as was all too clear with 'The Accountant', RT's critic score can sometimes be taken with a grain of salt.

Mark

George_W_K

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
George
I'm still having reservations about this one. I loved the first one, but the trailer seemed like they took everything they "thought" made the first one work, and doubled it, while also seemingly showing the entire film. And while I loved Reacher's attitude on the phone with the bad guy at the end, and his comments before the fight outside the bar, these were just nice toppings that wouldn't have worked if the rest of the movie wasn't so solid.

I have no doubt the action in this one will be good, but to me the first was more than just an action film, and if this falls short of that, I'll be disappointed.

But as usual, I hope to be pleasantly surprised.

Mark Booth

Senior HTF Member
'Jack Reacher: Never Go Back' is a reasonably decent story (overall), woven together by sometimes weak and sometimes decent acting, with some plot holes you could park an ocean liner in, and with some incredibly elementary dialog (for far too much of the of the film) that feels insulting to the caliber of actors on display.

Taken strictly as the "popcorn flick" it is intended to be, it's an okay time at the theater. But this sequel doesn't come anywhere close to measuring up to the first Reacher film. Don't get me wrong, there were scenes that I loved. But most of it is kinda meh.

The Booth Bijou gives 'Jack Reacher: Never Go Back' 3 out of 5 stars. Check your brain and disbelief at the door.

'The Accountant' is WAY better than this film!

Mark

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
'Jack Reacher: Never Go Back' is a reasonably decent story (overall), woven together by sometimes weak and sometimes decent acting, with some plot holes you could park an ocean liner in, and with some incredibly elementary dialog (for far too much of the of the film) that feels insulting to the caliber of actors on display.

Taken strictly as the "popcorn flick" it is intended to be, it's an okay time at the theater. But this sequel doesn't come anywhere close to measuring up to the first Reacher film. Don't get me wrong, there were scenes that I loved. But most of it is kinda meh.

The Booth Bijou gives 'Jack Reacher: Never Go Back' 3 out of 5 stars. Check your brain and disbelief at the door.

Mark

Rental. I liked the first one.
Hope he gets cracking on the next mission impossible soon!!!

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member

Ah, you had me until that last sentence! :D

I agree that "Never Go Back" is mediocre. Not a terrible film but never better than just "meh".

I didn't love the first Reacher but it worked a lot better than this sequel...

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
The kid kills this film in its tracks. Mostly every plot advancement in the film is due to what she does smartly or stupidly. But I did like how Colbie Smulders got to act more like Maria Hill than she does in the Marvel/Avengers movies. :D

I give it 2.5 stars, or a grade of C+.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks