What's new

I've got a new dog! (3 Viewers)

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
When we got home it took Bethany a short bit to realize we were at her new home. I gave the girl a hug to let her know all was well. She was real happy when we got inside. I hope after a month or so of this she will be better about car trips and leaving the house.
You're doing terrific, James! Keep that up and she'll be just fine. :thumbs-up-smiley:

And I bet no one will want to miss out on a car ride anymore (knowing they'll end up at the park!).

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
Thanks that's so nice. I'm so exhausted at moments. But a good shower, wash off the sweat from just that trip to the park... I'm getting thinner and thinner. They are like I just got 2 kids after a failed marriage that lasted only a few weeks and we had kids in that time and they grew into to loving but abnoxious little tikes. I want to put one in the playpen with wooden blocks and make the other sit on the couch next to me with a coloring book.

I got them some stuff today. A kitchen rug (really for me) and some bacon treats to go in the kong toys. They have not bothered with peanut putter or their regular food in kongs. Also a bunch of raw hyde rolls that just get them going again! madness!

Sidenote: yesterday and today I ordered Gumby dvd volumes with bendable Pokey and the one with the blockheads. NEVER leave those on top of your dresser where they can fall off. :( In their defense pokey wasn't that damaged and I needed to replace that blockhead because of an exposed wire away. Funny that was the one! I also got the low rated movie blu from the 1990s.

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
2022 0617 beth bish buck 1.jpg

Three of my 4 kids enjoying the sun today. Was on Poop Duty with the shovel when they got together like this out in the sun so I dropped the shovel and ran in for the camera. I didn't pose this in the least.

(from left) Bethany, Bishop and Bucky. The Bees!

Man I love my kids.

Jeffrey D

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeffrey D Hanawalt
View attachment 142060

Three of my 4 kids enjoying the sun today. Was on Poop Duty with the shovel when they got together like this out in the sun so I dropped the shovel and ran in for the camera. I didn't pose this in the least.

(from left) Bethany, Bishop and Bucky. The Bees!

Man I love my kids.
Sure looks like they enjoy the photo op 😁

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Piece of news #2!

ERNIE (left) AND PETE (right) HAVE A NEW SISTER!

Meet Sophie!

full

Sophie is going through quite a transition. She has been used for breeding purposes her entire life by an Amish Puppy Mill. So she is leaving that life behind to come and live with us. So this could be the first time she has ever had a name, walked on grass and had a serious bath. She is an absolute sweetheart but has a lot to learn about living this kind of life--with her two new big brothers! :D

This marks the first time since we moved into our new house that we are able to expand the family and help another senior citizen Golden Retriever. That was one of our motivations for making the move and we are thrilled to be able to help out this lovely lady.

But for now we are dealing with a bit of stress and anxiety as we all get used to each other. :)

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
@Mike Frezon Congratulations to Ernie, that is a wonderful milestone. Good boy Ernie! And good man Mike for adopting an elder dog. More people need to do that. Our Jada was 12-14 when we adopted her. I am surprised that the Amish would engage in such a despicable practice.

Live long and prosper Sophie!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks