I've got a new dog! (2 Viewers)

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
full

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
You may noticed just Pete and Sophie in my New Year's photo above.

I have come to report that their big brother Ernie was called home by God just a few days before Christmas.

Ernie celebrated his 15th birthday in September. We rescued him from a bad home back in 2017. He was 8 at the time and we never expected we'd have more than six years with our best boy.

While Ernie has been a constant presence in this thread. He also appeared across the forum in various threads in which I commented on various new pieces of hardware and software. He was also a favorite of #DogsofTwitter. And he helped raise Pete from a puppy. But, bottom line, Ernie was a good boy.

full
full

full

full

Peg and I moved to a new home with a big yard mid-2021. We've called it "BrooksHaven." We have dedicated our remaining years to adopting senior Golden Retrievers. This all began with our adoption of Brooks (an 11-year old Golden) back in 2012. We only had him a year, but quickly learned that this was a good fit for us.

So while it's tough to lose our dogs on a more regular basis, we're grownups and know what we've signed up for. And we know Ernie would want nothing more than for us to take the love we had for him and pay it forward onto another dog who needs a good home. So our family will grow again someday.

full

full

Dennis Nicholls

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dennis
We rescued him from a bad home back in 2017. He was 8 at the time and we never expected we'd have more than six years with our best boy.
Dukie was rescued from the local shelter at age 2. He lived with me for 15 years until this last January. Damned. I thought he'd be with me forever. I guess 17 is a pretty good age for a kitty.

Maggie was 5 years old when I rescued her from the local shelter in 2019. She's 10 years old now. See new avatar. A brown and black tabby with four white feet.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nicos18
Recent bookmarks