What's new

It's time for Christmas music!! (1 Viewer)

Jeffrey Noel

Screenwriter
So what do you guys/gals listen to around Christmas time? Do you have any favorite albums you would recommend? I love this time of year!! :emoji_thumbsup:

Jeff_P

Stunt Coordinator
I always enjoy listening to the "very Special Christams" series. I like the first 2 the best. Bing Crosby is a must also. But the 2 newest to the collection this year are the Elmo and Bear In the Big Blue House christmas CDs. They should drive me crazy really fast.

Micahel C

Stunt Coordinator
I don't actually listen to any Christmas music at home, but it's on all the radio stations. I hear enough of it driving to and from work. I will say however that it's not offically Chrismas until I hear "Jingle Bell Rock" and "Grandma Got Ran Over By A Reindeer".

Dave Morton

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Dave
JQJ writes
===============================================
Vince Guaraldi Trio: A Charlie Brown Christmas
===============================================

I couldn't agree more. This is a great CD!!!

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
Mannheim Steamroller Christmas albums.

Andy Williams Christmas albums.

A Charlie Brown Christmas.

Nat King Cole - The Christmas Song.

Bing Crosby - White Christmas.

Marty M

Senior HTF Member
I like the Christmas album by Barbra Streisand, the one released in the 60s. For something a bit different the Chieftains have a Christmas themed CD.

John Watson

Screenwriter
Bah, Humbug, its waaay too early to be listening to Christmas music:)
But if your'e determined, try some jazz or blues Christmas albums. Or Rhino's BUMMED OUT CHRISTMAS.
In a few weeks I think I'll look for an Ella Fitzgerald album that someone recommended here a few weeks ago

Marvin

Screenwriter
Real Name
Marvin
It's about a week too early for me to be listening to Christmas music, but I would highly recommend Judy Collins Christmas at the Biltmore Estate, both on CD and VHS; unfortunately it wasn't released on DVD. The VHS has some songs not on the CD so I'd recommend getting both. I was never much of a Judy Collins fan, not until I saw this video, that is.

On a lighter note, Bob Rivers's Christmas CD's are hilarious (Twisted Christmas, I Am Santa Claus etc.)

Andrew Pratt

Senior HTF Member
Dolly Parton and Kenny Rogers Christmas CD
John Denver & the Muppets Chrismas CD
Roger Whittiker Christmas CD
Those are our favorites but there's a bunch of mixed christmas CD's in the jukebox that get played (I have a group dedicated to christmas music that plays almost all day during the season:))

Joe_Osterloh

Auditioning
I would have to agree with everyone about the Vince Guaraldi Trio Album. It has to be one of my favorites.

I also have the Time Life Treasury of Christmas, a five disc set which is very good. I also like the Ultra-Lounge Christmas Cocktails Volumes one and two. Anybody have any recommendations for some more great jazz albums?

Danny Tse

Senior HTF Member
I'm looking forward to Steve Lukather's "Santamental" X'mas CD.....

Tracks:
01. Jingle bells (featuring Sammy Davis Jr.)
02. Winter wonderland (featuring Edgar Winter)
03. Joy to the world (with Eddie Van Halen)
04. The Christmas song
05. Oh Tannenbaum

More info as soon as possible.

Musicians:
Steve Lukather: guitars, vocals
Trevor Lukather: guitar
Eddie Van Halen: guitar
Slash: guitar
Steve Vai: guitar
Mike Landau: guitar
Edgar Winter: keyboards
Jeff Babko: keyboards
John Pierce: bass
Scott Hamilton: sax
Greg Bissonette: drums
Lenny Castro: percussion

Produced by Elliot Scheiner

MatS

Screenwriter
favorite holiday/seasonal songs:
- Frosty The Snowman (Cocteau Twins)
- Winter Wonderland (Cocteau Twins)
:emoji_thumbsup:

DanaA

Screenwriter
We have a bunch of Christmas CD's.

The most Christmassy ones to me are ones by Henry Mancini and Disney.

LanceJ

Senior HTF Member
That "Charlie Brown Christmas" can be bought right now at--of all places--Starbucks. That disc gets a good workout in my family's home during X-Mas; it brings back a lot of memories. Starbucks usually has some very good music in stock, and always lots of jazz stuff. Especially vocal jazz by major artists.
Also, Windham Hill's "Winter Solstice" series offers some really pretty & mostly nontraditional but quality music (and the recording quality is very good).
I have four Ultra-Lounge series CDs which are fun to listen to--I'll bet the Christmas versions are cool too. And how they can get all those old tapes (well, 90% of the time) to sound so good amazes me everytime I listen to them. The Ultra-Lounge "Tiki" sampler #2 also has the highest quality CD packaging I've ever seen (the first sampler has fake leopard fur on it-really fun stuff). http://www.ultralounge.com/ Check out the "Hey Bartender" section-its got some good recipes in there.
LJ

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks