Its All Gone Pete Tong.

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Chris PC, Nov 28, 2005.

1. Chris PC

Chris PC Producer

I rented this DVD yesterday. Apart from the dvd being scratched (I HATE RENTALS!!!!!)...the movie was quite good. It progressed so fast in the first half, that I couldn't figure out where it was going to go. From what I understood the movie was about, I thought the credits were going to role after 40 minutes, but then you realize the movie is going to go farther than the usual predictable story. In the end, I felt the movie was really good. Its visually great looking, funny, moving and generally entertaining in a sometimes black humour kind of way. Highly recommend this DVD for anyone. Good visuals, fun soundtrack, lots of bass, interesting story and generally good acting. The writing and direction was better than the acting, with the exception that Kaye's performance was pretty darn good. Very close to the mark of what I think they wanted to achieve. Has anyone else seen this wacky good British flick?

2. Marko Berg

Marko Berg Supporting Actor

Thanks for the recommendation. I've only seen a trailer of this film at the cinema but I plan to check out the DVD release.

3. Terry St

Terry St Second Unit

The director is Canadian actually. His previous film was Fubar, which is also out on DVD if you feel like givin' er.

4. Ravi K

Ravi K Supporting Actor

I liked it too. It could have done without the "interviews" though. Got a free t-shirt at the preview screening I went to.

5. Yumbo

Yumbo Cinematographer

thanks for the reminder.

6. Chris PC

Chris PC Producer

Yeah, I'd say the worst part of the film was the interviews. They just didn't fit. I understand the intention of the documentary approach, but they were always the same, not convincing and just plain useless fluff.

Apart from that, the rest of the movie was great. I may buy the dvd. I have seen fubar. That was good too.

7. Chris PC

Chris PC Producer

The doctor for Frankie is the same as the doctor from Fubar.

8. Garrett Lundy

Garrett Lundy Producer

Why are you calling it wacky? I thought the film took itself seriously. Even the rabid-badger that symbolizes Frankies addiction isn't funny when it appears in the film.

But anyway, my big question: Who is Pete Tong? [​IMG] (he's not in the film)

9. SteveJKo

SteveJKo Second Unit

Pete Tong is a British DJ. The title of the film is actually Cockney rhyme slang for things in a persons life going wrong.

I've been a dance club DJ for almost twenty years. For a long time I've felt the dance club/rave scene is ripe for lampooning. After renting this DVD all I can say is I'm still waiting for a well made satire on that scene.