What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Its All Gone Pete Tong. (3 Viewers)

Chris PC

Senior HTF Member
I rented this DVD yesterday. Apart from the dvd being scratched (I HATE RENTALS!!!!!)...the movie was quite good. It progressed so fast in the first half, that I couldn't figure out where it was going to go. From what I understood the movie was about, I thought the credits were going to role after 40 minutes, but then you realize the movie is going to go farther than the usual predictable story. In the end, I felt the movie was really good. Its visually great looking, funny, moving and generally entertaining in a sometimes black humour kind of way. Highly recommend this DVD for anyone. Good visuals, fun soundtrack, lots of bass, interesting story and generally good acting. The writing and direction was better than the acting, with the exception that Kaye's performance was pretty darn good. Very close to the mark of what I think they wanted to achieve. Has anyone else seen this wacky good British flick?

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Marko Berg

Supporting Actor
Thanks for the recommendation. I've only seen a trailer of this film at the cinema but I plan to check out the DVD release.

Terry St

Second Unit
The director is Canadian actually. His previous film was Fubar, which is also out on DVD if you feel like givin' er.

Ravi K

Supporting Actor
I liked it too. It could have done without the "interviews" though. Got a free t-shirt at the preview screening I went to.

Chris PC

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, I'd say the worst part of the film was the interviews. They just didn't fit. I understand the intention of the documentary approach, but they were always the same, not convincing and just plain useless fluff.

Apart from that, the rest of the movie was great. I may buy the dvd. I have seen fubar. That was good too.

Garrett Lundy

Senior HTF Member

Why are you calling it wacky? I thought the film took itself seriously. Even the rabid-badger that symbolizes Frankies addiction isn't funny when it appears in the film.

But anyway, my big question: Who is Pete Tong? :confused: (he's not in the film)

SteveJKo

Second Unit

Pete Tong is a British DJ. The title of the film is actually Cockney rhyme slang for things in a persons life going wrong.

I've been a dance club DJ for almost twenty years. For a long time I've felt the dance club/rave scene is ripe for lampooning. After renting this DVD all I can say is I'm still waiting for a well made satire on that scene.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gemini007
Recent bookmarks