What's new

It's A Girl!!! (1 Viewer)

Drew Bethel

Screenwriter
My wife and I had a beautiful daughter this past Saturday at 6:32am! She was 8lbs 12 ozs and 22 inches long. Her name is Zuri (Swahili for beautiful) Rose. This is our first child and I am absolutely thrilled to be her papa!

Mom and Zuri our in excellent health. Enjoy the pics attached by pasting the link into your browser.

http://share.shutterfly.com/osi.jsp?i=EegN2bZw1aM2FB

SethH

Senior HTF Member
Congrats! I know that's got to be exciting. May you be blessed with at least an hour or two of sleep each night;)

Ricardo C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ricardo C
Bet you HAVEN'T seen cuter babies at the Mall of America ;)

Congrats, happy parents :)

Jacinto

Second Unit
Real Name
Jacinto
That's a BIG little girl! How's the sleep going? Our third was born two weeks ago, but I don't remember feeling this tired with the last one. It must be that my aging body isn't dealing with sleep deprivation as well anymore. Cherish the time when she's this little, because it doesn't last long, and in a few years you won't even remember what she was like as a newborn.

Congratulations!

DanaA

Screenwriter
Congratulations!!! Have two girls myself and I love 'em. Wait until they reach milestones...like their first words or first steps. Just a thrill. The love you'll feel for your child will be unlike anything...as will be the love baby has for Mommy and Daddy.

Tony Whalen

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony Whalen
Darn! Chu beat me to the cigars! ;) (Great pics!!!!)

...now Drew...make sure Zuri knows about OAR. It's never too early to start. ;)

Seriously, Congrats Drew!!! Zuri...beautiful name!

Micheal

Screenwriter
Real Name
Mike
She's almost the exact size and weight of my daughter when she was born 9 months ago. My daughter (Madison) was the same weight and 21 inches long.

Congrat's!! Time as you knew it has now gone into warp speed.
Enjoy!:emoji_thumbsup:

Zen Butler

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Zen K. Butler
+goosebumps+

What a doll Drew! Good looking family. You should be proud.

DAMMIT! I flew in here too, knowing Drew's from MOAland.

Drew Bethel

Screenwriter
Thanks for the congrats and kind words htf'ers. The sleep is getting better by the day...but I swear we got about 8 hours sleep between Friday night and Sunday just from pure excitement. :)

And for the record, the MOA babies can't touch her with a 20 foot pole. The pics don't even come close to how beautiful she is [spoken like a true proud papa]. :D

Chu Gai

Senior HTF Member
I don't have daughters but a guy I knew does. He was fairly protective over his daughter and from time to time boys would come over looking to date her. Being fairly strict, and having boys I damned well know why, he thought of a way to impress upon the boys that daddy's little princess was not to be disrespected and neither was daddy. So when they came over and asked permission, he would say sure, you've just got to do one thing for me. Then he'd open the closet door, reach down to the floor, and pick up a 150 pound weight and proceed to curl it with one hand about 10 times. He said to them when you can curl it once, you can take my daughter out. Suffice it to say that most couldn't curl it once using two hand. Until then, there's the living room.

Bob Graz

Supporting Actor
Congratulations Drew. Great pics. Best wishes to you and your family. I'm at the other end of the spectrum, 2 sons in college and 1 in HS. It really does go fast. Be sure to make lots of nice memories.

Henry Gale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Henry Gale
That's amazing!
Babies are supposed to be wrinkled and ugly...Zuri was beautiful from the first hour.
Good looking parents help I'm sure.

Best wishes.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks