What's new

Issue: Denon 1803/833 Sound going to remote speakers (1 Viewer)

Wayne Ernst

Senior HTF Member
I have the Denon AVR-883 receiver. I was having some trouble getting the sound to go to the 2nd zone in my home. Basically, here's what I've done so far:
1) Set the switch on the back of the receiver from 6-channel to remote zone
2) Used the remote control to turn on the 2nd zone.
3) Used the remote control to select the source for the 2nd zone (e.g. - Tuner, CD, etc.)
When I have the remote control in the "2nd zone" position, I don't have any sound going to those speakers. Plus, the volume indicator lists "---" and nothing more. Plus, when I adjust the volume on the remote, nothing changes.
I've read through the manual and there doesn't appear to be any other special setup that I should run though to get the 6th channel so sound is outputted to the remote speakers.
Has anyone with the 1803/883 experienced this same issue? Any input would be appreciated.
Thanks!! :) :)

Wayne Ernst

Senior HTF Member
I purchased my Denon AVR-1803/883 receiver for the 2nd room output capabilities. I wasn't worried about limiting my theater sound to 5.1 because I don't plan on adding any more speakers. However, I tried 8 ways to Sunday to get the 2nd zone to work. No go. I even contacted Denon support and went through the following checklist:

1) Switch set to multi-room on the back of the receiver to allow for this option to be used.

2) Selected the source. It had to be an analog source - the digital coax cable from the DVD/CD player will not work as a multi-room input source.

3) My tuner was tried and so was my DVD/CD player with RCA cables.

After all of this effort, the 2nd zone still wouldn't work. Possibly, I got a bad Denon? I'm not sure, but I'm returning this receiver as much as I hate to. When using the AVR-1803/883 in my regular listening area, I'm very impressed with what I hear. However, I'm just disappointed that the 2nd zone outputs don't properly work because that is the reason for my upgrade from the AVR-1802 to the AVR-1803/883.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks