What's new

Is WB Going to Keepcases Soon in U.S.? (1 Viewer)

David Von Pein

Senior HTF Member
This subject has probably been covered, in some manner or another, about 249 times before ..... but I thought I'd re-address it.
I know a lot of you out there in HT-land LOATHE with a proverbial passion those terrible/hideous/useless/flimsy Warner snapper cases.
I realize that in other countries, WB has stopped using these cases, in favor of the preferred keepcases. But what about here in the USA? When do we get "keeps" over "snaps" in the U.S.?
BTW .... I'm not a huge fan of the WB snappers, but they don't really bother me all that much either (except when you get a damaged one in the mail .... now THAT does tick me off!!:angry:).
POLL [I'll keep score]: Do you like snappers or hate/dislike them?
On the same subject matter: When you snapper-haters create your own slicks for a keepcase, do most of you replicate the ENTIRE case, including the scene selection listing (which is almost always on the inside of the front cardboard cover)? Do you then treat this extra material [that won't fit on the slick] as an enclosure, placing it under the clips on a new Amaray? And what about snappers that have even MORE info on them (i.e.: Wizard of Oz), with an additional panel full of info?? Do you copy all of this printed matter....Or are most of you satisfied with just the front and back covers? I'm just curious as to how you guys are handling this. (I know I'd want ALL the material reproduced.) Thanks. :)

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
No, it is very unlikely Warner will dump the Snapper any time soon because they own the company that makes them

As keepcase prices fell, and domestic (to them) production rises on keepcases the other countries were able to use keepcases because they could save money. Unfortunately we don't have this easy out

No need to take a poll, this topic and polls have been taken ad nauseum.

Tom Oh

Second Unit
A big plus of using snapper case in Asia (excluding Japan) for WB is that they are able to differentiate themselves from pirated DVDs. Consumers know that snapper=original, especially in S.E. Asia.

I don't dislike snappers, but I wish that all my DVDs were in the same casing.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks